Chapter 21

- Y/N's P.O.V -

"Y/N!" I heard a voice call from outside the building, "Y/N!" I open my eyes. It's Thomas. I wipe my nose. I stood up and I stood in front of the mirror. Crap! My eyes are still red.

"Y/N," Thomas opened the door. He looked at me up and down with sad looking eyes, "Oh my goodness."

Thomas rushed to me and pulled me into my arms. He breathed, "Minho told Newt and I everything. We believe you."

I hugged Thomas back and put my face into his chest. I felt a few tears run down my cheeks again. This time, they were tears of joy. I'm glad they believe me. I looked up at him, "Thank you..."

Thomas smiled and continued to hug me, "Once this is all over..."

Thomas made me look at him, "You'll be protected now... but you'll have to pick one of them..."

I tilted my head, "What do you mean?"

Thomas sighed and pulled me back into a brotherly hug, "Don't think about it too much."

We stayed there for a few minutes, feeling protected by a sibling that was long lost in the past. Thomas cleared his throat and broke the hug, "Do you hear that?"

I held my breath. I heard it. Gladers yelling for me. Not in the longing type of way but-

There was a loud knock. I heard Clint and Jeff open the door. There was a loud voice, "Where is Y/N?"

"Gally..." Thomas whispered.

"Y/N is being cleaned up." Jeff replied to the angry Gally that was not visible to Thomas and I. All we could do was stand there, frozen.

"She is in here!" I heard a grunt from Clint and angry footsteps walking all over the Med-Jacks.

"We need to go," Thomas whispered, "Quietly."

Thomas took me to the back of the room. He bent down, in front of him was a small hole that only a mouse can fit in. He pushed a button that was inside the hole. A small click sound was heard by Thomas and I. The dragged part of the wall to the right and it opened to the outdoors. I quickly stepped out of the building and Thomas dragged the wall back.

"We need to get to Alby, Newt and Minho," Thomas said and he looked out into the glade where some Gladers were looking for me, "They're across the glade."

I saw three familiar figures in the distance. They were near once of the entrances of the maze. That must be Newt, Alby and Minho. I gulped. The Gladers do not look happy. "How are we gonna get to them?" I asked Thomas.

Thomas looked down then back to me. "Those shoes look alright for running."

I looked down and looked at my shoes, I did out run Teresa in these shoes... I guess it's alright... I looked at Thomas and I nodded.

"Ok," Thomas breathed, "Walk first then if the Gladers run for you... run like they are grievers that will take your life."

- Newt's P.O.V -

"Alby!" I called out. I got the man's attention, "We need to talk."

Alby walked up to Minho and I. He did not look like he was in a good mood, "About?"

"It's about Y/N," Minho chimed in.

"That girl?" Alby scoffed, "I know... all the Gladers want to banish her and I have to agree with them. She did hurt another Glader, breaking one of the rules you know?"

"Woah, woah... Hey..." I looked at Minho, "We didn't come out here to tell you we want to banish her."

"We are here to say that we don't want her to be banished," Minho says, "Teresa has been lying to us and that she is making Y/N look bad."

Alby took a deep breath, "Well... you don't evidence to prove that do you? We're banishing her today."

Alby started to walk away but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. I made him look into my eyes. I let him stare into my soul.

"We have evidence," I said with a clear and firm tone, "Minho..."

I looked at the angry Asian dude next to me, "Show him."

- Y/N's P.O.V -

Thomas and I started to speed-walk across the glade. Thomas didn't have anything to cover me up so all he told me was to run as if those Gladers are the Grievers in the Maze. I kept my eyes toward Minho, Newt and Alby. Although my eyes were on them, I felt other eyes on me, I was sure they were filled with confusion.

"Don't yell," Thomas whispered, "Just run..."

I swiftly looked to my left and many Gladers looked at me with rage. They started to walk. Some of them carried small weapons that they were using for their work. "Don't run until I say so..." Thomas whispered while looking at the harmful zombie like people that are closing in onto us.

The Gladers way in front of us started to gather with the ones on our sides. I heard one of them yell out with an angry tone, "Y/N! You wanna tell us what happened to Teresa?"

I don't say anything, I wait for Thomas. I trust him. I feel every muscle in my body tense up. I feel my heart pounding and pounding. I don't want to get hurt and get banished tonight. I start to zone out.

"Go!" Thomas yelled. I snapped out of my world, "Y/N!"

He's ahead of me and the Gladers are on my tail. I can feel them in my presence. I need to accept that I will not live.

I'm being banished tonight... and that's a fact.

------------------------------

A/N: Chapter for this week! I hope you all enjoyed it!

-Bernie

QOTC (Question(s) of the Chapter): If you can meet any person you want (It has to be one person, not one group) to meet?