Chapter 19

- Teresa's P.O.V -

Y/N... You need to be better at hiding your toys. I smiled, "Now..." I say while tightening my grip. I don't want her getting out of my grip with that voice recorder. How did I know? When I grabbed her arm, her knee lifted up a little, exposing a machine. I had to talk about something that would make her listen... something that is long enough for me to talk about while I thought what that machine was. I told her about my memories, so once I took the voice recorder and she went back to tell everyone about it, she would seem crazy. I would walk out of the Deadheads, innocent and hurt. I would throw myself against a tree to make me look like I was beaten up. Then... once Y/N was dead... I will destroy that voice recorder with a heavy rock and bury the parts.

I felt her struggle to pull her arm out of my grip. "Give me it!" I yelled while swiftly moving my hand toward the voice recorder. Y/N slipped out of my grasp and she ran quickly. I groaned and I ran after her. Every second that I ran, I ran a little faster. I knew I wasn't gonna slow down until I get what I wanted.

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I need to get away from her. Wait... if she does catch up to me then she would know where my voice recorder is. I stopped near a big tree. Think of something... think of something... I took out my voice recorder and I looked at it for a few moments. An idea popped into my head. I quickly shoved the voice recorder into my bra. Then, I quickly picked up a rock from the ground that was as light as the voice recorder. I shoved the rock into my pocket. I felt a quick tug on my hair.

"Give me that voice recorder!" Teresa yelled at me while reaching into my pocket. I pulled her hand out of my hair. Within moments, I fell to the ground with my cheek in wincing pain. Without thinking, I scramble onto my feet and continue running. I felt drops of blood fall onto my shirt. She must've scratched my face. I tried to ignore the pain. I saw a bright light between the trees. I ran and I ran until there was no tomorrow.

"Come back here you slut!" I heard Teresa yell from deep in the Deadheads. I was almost there... The bright light came over me and I saw gladers doing their work. I saw Minho coming back into the glade. He was the closest so I started to run toward him.

"Minho!" I cried, "Minho!"

"Y/N?" Minho jogged toward me. I fell to the ground but Minho catched me before I could land on my face. "I'm going to take you to the Med-Jacks. You can ask Clint or Jeff to clean you up or you can do that yourself."

Minho helped me up onto my feet and he started to walk away. Before he could get far away from me, I grabbed his arm. I felt tears building up in my eyes. I gripped his arm. I could feel his eyes on me. I looked at the ground, trying to hide my tears. "Help me to clean up my wound?"

- Minho's P.O.V -

Y/N and I walked into the Med-Jacks. Clint and Jeff stopped what they were and rushed toward Y/N. I embraced her in my arms and put my arm out. "I've got her." I said while taking her to a room. I closed the door behind me. I felt my cheeks warming up. My heart also started to beat fast. Faster then I first saw Teresa. Y/N started to get the materials to clean her... scratch? She started to clean up the blood but once the cloth touched her skin, she winced. I walked over to her and I took the cloth from her hands.

"Look that way," I pointed toward the left. I gently touched her skin with the cloth. She winced. I lightly smiled, she's so cute... Wait what? I lightly shook my head. I put my hand on her shoulder. "It's okay."

She nodded and she looked to the right. I once again touched her cheek. She didn't wince. I continued to lightly pat the blood away. It was too small to stitch. I feel like I have seen that scratch before... I just don't know where... I kept on patting the scratch while adding a bit of pressure. The blood stopped. Y/N looked at me. Her eyes met mine. They were beautiful. I tried to find something that made me hate her but... I couldn't think of anything. It was like Teresa wasn't in the glade. Speaking of whic-

Y/N broke the silence between us, "I need to talk to you about something..."

There was another long pause. Y/N looked down at the ground then back to my eyes, "It's about Teresa."

-----------------------------

A/N: I have exciting news!! But first, I hope you enjoyed the kinda long chapter? I think that this is my favorite chapter that I wrote so far! Anyway... the news is that this book, yes, "Wrong Place," is now in the rankings! Here is what they are:

#46 out of 322 - jamesdashner

#34 out of 367 - alby

#42 out of 525 - runner

#60 out of 757 - gally

#37 out of 503 - thomassangster

#50 out of 692 - maze

#35 out of 497 - chuck

#162 out of 2.51K - minho

#12 out of 188 - frypan

#144 out of 2.45K - newt

#93 out of 1.59K - mazerunner

#157 out of 2.75K - Thomas

#124 out of 2.44K - dylanobrien

#162 out of 4.08K - lovetriangle

I want to say thank you to all of you that read this book and are continuing to read it! Also thanks to the people who have been messaging me and saying nice things about this book! Thank you all for putting this book on the rankings! I will try to fix my messy update schedule! I love you all!

- Bernie

QOTC (Question(s) of the Chapter): Will you stick around to read my other works in the future? Do like the plot of the story? How was your day?