Chapter 22

- Y/N's P.O.V -

It burns... It feels like everything around me is on fire and I'm the fuel that will keep it alive. It will make you weak until you give in. It will encase me and it may be the end of my life unless if something or someone saves me. That's what is happening to me right now. However, that fire is the Gladers and fear is making me weak. Thomas is currently saving me while the fire is chasing us.

The Gladers keep yelling and screaming. They are extremely angry.

"Alby!" Thomas screeched at the top of his lungs.

I saw them. Alby, Minho and Newt. They said something to each other then Alby started to sprint toward the angry mob, Thomas and I. Minho and Newt followed him.

I can finally see the exit out of the fire. I have another chance at life. As I saw Alby, Newt and Minho got near us, they stopped sprinting. I tried to slow down but I ended up tripping over my feet... with my face planting into the ground.

"I'm good..." I squeak out. I pulled myself to my feet and tried to calm down my pounding heart. However, I know it will not calm down, since I could still be banished tonight.

I looked behind me with Gladers raising their weapons to beat my ass. Alby stopped them by putting his arms out, "Stop!"

The Gladers froze then put down their weapons to look at the man who shouted. They were confused...

"Why the shuck aren't you guys beating her!" An angry voice came from the crowd. It was Gally. He pushed through the group of Gladers until he became face to face with me. He looked at Alby and he stepped back when he saw his angry face.

"That girl..." Alby said as he searched the crowd, searching for her, "Teresa has been lying to you all. Y/N is the innocent one here."

The crowd started to talk among them. Thomas pulled me back to protect me from them. Minho and Newt stepped forward to explain what was happening. I saw the voice recorder in Minho's hand. Newt spoke first, "Teresa remembers what happened between her and Y/N... before the Glade."

Gladers started to gasp but Gally stood there like a statue. He was not affected by it, "How do you know?"

"Gally!" Teresa pushed through the crowd, "Fellow Gladers... please listen to Gally. Please save my life and I will do anything to save yours... All of you..."

Gally faced the group of Gladers, "There's no evidence, therefore this isn't true. Teresa is an angel and would help every single one of us if we are in trouble. However, the demonic Y/N is keeping her from doing everything that is right."

"Hey Gally shut up," Minho said before Gally could continue, "Do you really think that we would believe this if Y/N didn't show us evidence?"

Minho held up the voice recorder, "Now everyone shut up so we can hear what Teresa said to Y/N."

The recording started to play. The Gladers stayed dead silent. The Glade sounded lifeless without everyone talking and working. All we could hear was the sound of Teresa's voice in the voice recorder and the faint sound of birds chirping away.

"Now..." Teresa's voice boomed through the speakers of the device, "Give me that voice recorder."

The recording stopped and everyone was still dead silent. I looked at the Gladers, they all seemed upset like they were betrayed. I looked at Teresa... All I have to say is that it is the most satisfying thing in the world. The anger in her eyes and her ears are a bright red. I have won.

"That is impossible!" Teresa shouted, "I have the voice recorder right-"

Teresa took out the rock that I put into my pocket when I was running away from her. She looked down at it in disbelief.

Teresa slowly looked up at me with more anger in her eyes, "You little slut!" Teresa started to lunge at me but Newt caught her before she could touch me. The Gladers started to talk among themselves again.

"She didn't help me in the past!" Teresa yelled to the Gladers, "I wanted help with my love life but she didn't help me!"

"You still didn't tell us you had memories," Newt said to her, "We are very honest here in the Glade and you lied!"

Newt put his hands on Teresa's shoulders and spun her around so she can see the disgusted and depressed looks of the Gladers. Everything went quiet. There was no birds chirping or any other sounds... it was just silent.

"She still didn't help me!" Teresa repeated, "She didn't help me!"

"Love doesn't just come instantly Teresa," Minho said, "It will come to you and you will know that it is love."

The Gladers nodded in agreement. Alby looked at all the Gladers again, "Teresa threatened to take Y/N's life. She has saddened us by lying. Is banishment worthy for this!"

"Yes!" The Gladers shouted out. I looked at Gally once more. He nodded. Alby looked up at the sky.

"The doors will close soon," Minho said. Gally grabbed Teresa by the arm and took her to the nearest opening of the Maze. The Gladers formed a semi-circle and surrounded Teresa. She started to sob and beg for mercy.

"Don't watch." Thomas pulled me aside where Chuck was waiting. He smiled, "Just look at me, this is something that you don't want to watch.

"Gally!" Teresa cried out, "Please! Someone give mercy... I am so sorry! Please don't let me die..."

I hear a familiar sound... like a boulder being pushed to cover an opening. I look at the sound to see Teresa in between two large rectangular rocks. If she doesn't move back then she will be squished in between them. Teresa and I make eye contact for one second before my face was pulled away from the sight.

"Don't look please." Chuck said with concerned and begging eyes.

"Y/N!" Teresa said, "You'll regret this! All of you will regret this!"

I heard the two doors close. Chuck's hands are still on my cheeks to make sure I'm not looking. Once, the Gladers started to talk to each other like nothing happened. Chuck removed his chubby hands from my cheeks.

It's over... I don't have to worry about dying.

"Y/N?" Minho and Newt said in unison as they ran up to me like a mother finding her lost child, "Are you alright?"

My heart starts pounding and my cheeks go red. I smile and reply, "Y-Yeah..."

They both sigh in relief as they walked away from me. The thing that Minho said... Love will come to you and you know it is love. However, I don't know which one I love...

Minho or Newt?

-------------------

A/N: Teresa is gone! Let the action end and let the romance begin! Oh by the way... I spent an all nighter thinking about what my next book shall be about and I think it is a wonderful idea! It's original to me so I hope it is original to you! I hope you guys liked this chapter!

- Bernie

QOTC: If you can go anywhere you want (in fantasy or reality) where would you go first?