Chapter 29

- Minho's P.O.V -

My leg finally healed up and now I get to go back into the Maze. Since Newt and Y/N have been getting close lately, I feel like I should have that chance also. I woke up early this morning to ask her if she could have dinner with me. Right now, I'm walking over to a Maze Entrance and hopefully I can bump into Y/N. Thankfully, I did. Y/N was walking over to the Med-Jack's. Once, I saw her I started to jog. Y/N saw me and she waved. My heart started to run a marathon.

"Morning!" She greeted me warmly, "How's your leg?"

"Took a while to heal but I'm doing alright," I smile as I reply. My hands start to sweat. Minho, you shank, c'mon ask her. I bite my bottom lip and I sighed, "I was wondering if you can have dinner with me tonight. If that's alright with you."

Tension in my chest started to rise. Please say yes, please say yes.

"Yeah sure," She replied with a smile. The tension left my chest and my heart started to calm down. I started to jump a little and giggle. I wasn't in control of myself. I stop jumping and I looked into her eyes, "I'll see you later then!"

With that, I started to skip to the Maze Entrance and I ran like a small child through the Maze. I'm pretty happy. Newt better watch out.

- Newt's P.O.V -

Since I didn't gather up the courage to ask Y/N to have a picnic with me last time since it was awkward when I barged into Minho's room while Y/N was there. So... today I will give it another shot and make a move. Since Minho is out in the Maze, I was thinking of bringing food to Y/N in the Med-Jack's. Around lunch time, I'll bring her some food and since Clint and Jeff will go out to get their own lunch, it will be just Y/N and I in the Med-Jack's... Alone.... 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

While I work, I keep glancing at the Cooks to see if lunch is ready and even though it felt like forever, they start to serve food. I ran as fast as I could to the food line. As I arrived first in line, Frypan looked at me with a concerned face; he looked at me as if I had just ran six marathons while giving birth.

"Can I have two plates of food please?" I ask while breathing in and out extremely heavily. Frypan did not change his expression for a while. I stood there, awkwardly, waiting for food. Frypan snapped out of his thoughts and gave me two plates of food without saying a word. I quickly said a thank you under my breath and started to carefully speed walk to the Med-Jack's. As I was walking to the Med-Jack's, people started to look at me weirdly, probably because I was holding two plates of food and my hips started to sway a little. I saw Gally in the distance and I decided to have some fun. I winked at him and pouted my lips. He looked away and I chuckled to myself.

I arrived at the Med-Jack's and I saw Clint and Jeff casually walk out of the building. The door was about to close but I quickly slid into the building. I entered the room where Y/N usually works in and as predicted, she was there. Since she was focused on cleaning up, she didn't know I was there.

"I brought you food!" I say in a way that was not casual... Well then I screwed up. Y/N looked at me startled. I felt my heart fall out of my chest. I waited for a response... Y/N started to laugh and I can feel my whole body melting.

"Thanks Newt," She walked toward me and gently took one of the plates from me, "Do you want to stay here and eat?"

My body relaxed and I smiled, "Yes please."

- Minho's P.O.V -

After a while, I finally started to focus on running and trying to find something new in the Maze. I ran for hours, trying to figure out something. Then, the knife-looking rock came into my head. I got curious and started to head into the direction of where I found the strange looking pile of rocks.

As I arrived at the familiar spot, I started to look for the knife-looking rock. I saw blood spots that were in the same spot then it disappeared all of a sudden. I looked at the area of the rocks. Then, I look at the blood spots. My blood started from where I tripped to the end of the passage way. I then started to look for the rock again.

I found it near one of the walls. I picked it up and I saw that there was no blood on it. It looked like it was not touched at all. It was clean. I bit my lip. Someone might've washed the knife or someone made a new knife out of a rock.

Either way, someone is living in the Maze and they are still alive. I thought about who was banished then I knew who could still be living.

Teresa...

- Y/N's P.O.V -

Newt is very kind to bring in food for me during lunch. We had a good time. We talked and we ate. He seemed a little nervous but that didn't stop him from holding a conversation with me. I found his nervousness a little adorable. I have to admit, Newt is extremely adorable.

The afternoon came and Gladers were starting to line up for some food. I waited for Minho and soon, he arrived in the line with me. He still looked a little sweaty but we were able to joke around and talk. I even got to mess up his hair. As we got dinner and sat down next to each other, people started to have their own conversations. Minho started to share what the Maze was like and I was interested to see what the Maze was for myself. 

The evening came and Minho walked me back to my Hammock. As we arrived, the Gladers were gathering in the middle of the Glade. They were looking all around the Glade with panicked facial expressions.

"What are they doing?" I asked while pointing to the large group.

Minho and I started to look around the Glade and we found out what they were looking at. They were looking at the Maze Entrances.

"The Maze isn't closing." Minho whispered under his breath. He started to sprint toward the group and I followed.

The Gladers were cursing and yelling, trying to figure out what to do. Minho started to shout, "The Grievers may enter the Glade, we need to hide quick-"

A loud animalistic roar came from one of the entrances. The sound of metal scratching against the walls were getting louder and louder. A Griever came from each entrance. The Gladers started to run in different direction. 

"Y/N!" A familiar voice came from one of the entrances. I held my breath. I looked in the direction where I heard the voice. A small figure was on the Grievers. I cursed under my breath.

Teresa is back.

----------------------------

A/N: I wrote a longer chapter than usual to make up for the last chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it!

- Bernie 

QOTC: Someone confessed their love to you but you rejected them. The person was the main character of the movie you most recently watched. Who did you reject?