Chapter 27

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I waited outside the Homestead for Newt. I really wanted to know what kind of updates Minho has about the Maze. I sat down and leaned my back against the building. I wondered what it would be like when we leave the Glade. If we left, would we be safe? I really wanted answers.

I remembered that Teresa said that someone wants me dead. Are they still searching for me? What would happen once they find me? Would they hurt the others?

"Are you alright?" I heard a voice from a distance, "Y/N, are you okay?"

I opened my eyes, in front of me was a concerned Newt. He put his hand to my forehead, "You fell asleep while I was talking with Minho. Did you have a mini nightmare? You're sweating a lot and you were whispering something over and over again..."

"What was I whispering?" I rubbed my eyes, making me gain a bit of conscience. Newt pursed his lips together. He was debating to tell me.

"Promise me you won't overthink if I tell you." He said while looking straight into my eyes. I gulped and nodded.

He put a hand on my shoulder, "You kept repeating, 'They're coming...'"

Newt paused and he started to shake, "'We're dead. I'm dead too...'"

- Thomas's P.O.V -

I saw Y/N sitting against the Homestead with Newt. Newt helped her up. Y/N looked like she was in a pretty bad condition...

I rushed over to them. As I got to them, I asked, "What happened?" Newt looked at me as if to say, "Not right now please..."

I looked at Y/N. She looked like she was hit with a crazy disease that made her look like she was dead. Y/N tried to gain her balance, "I'm alright guys..."

I looked up at the sky, it was almost dinner time. I asked Y/N, "Do you want to go to dinner with us or do you want to stay in your Hammock?"

"I don't want anyone to see me like this," She replied, "I'm sorry you have to see me like this."

"Don't be sorry," Newt said then looked at me, "I can take her back and I can bring her food."

I bit the inside of my lip. I started to debate if Newt would take good care of her. He must've read my mind since he sighed then said, "I'll take good care of her, don't worry."

I nodded then they started to walk away. I licked my lips. What happened to her?

- Newt's P.O.V -

I took Y/N back to her Hammock to rest. I jogged to get her food then jogged back to feed her. I jogged to the Med-Jack's to get a few towels then jogged back to wipe the sweat off her forehead. It was a ton of work to take care of her but I did not get tired one bit. I felt happy to care for her.

I wiped sweat from her temple and started to close her eyes. My heart started to beat faster every second. I didn't know what kind of disease she had. I breathed faster and faster, "Y/N... Are you alright?"

"I'm just going to sleep Newt," Y/N whispered, "I'll wake up don't worry."

Her eyes reassured me. She smiled, "Thank you. I owe you one."

She turned away from me then started to sleep. Tension was pulled off my shoulders. I smiled then whispered, "You're welcome."

I pulled a piece of hair from her face. I started to walk away from her Hammock and started to walk toward the Homestead. I needed to talk to Minho.

- Minho's P.O.V -

I heard the door knob of my room rattle. After a few seconds, Newt entered my room. A wave of confusion washed over me as he stepped closer. He pulled up a chair that was in the corner of the room. He sat down while looking at me.

"Okay, you're here," I said, "What do you need to talk about?"

"Y/N," Newt replied swiftly, "She got sick in a matter of seconds, it's weird."

"I'm sorry," I scoffed, "I'm not a Med-Jack."

"Let me continue," Newt said seriously. His cold tone in his voice matches mine whenever I'm serious. I nodded and I let him continue, "Y/N was sleeping when see caught this sickness; She started to whisper things and I thought it might interest you."

"She started to whisper you're name?" I chuckled, "Congrats man-"

"She did not say that," Newt gritted his teeth, "Please listen to me."

"Hold on," I said, "Why are you telling me this? Can't you tell Thomas?"

"If I tell Thomas then he would scold me for possibly scaring Y/N." For the first time... Newt actually really captured my attention.

"She said that someone or a group of people are coming." Newt said. I asked, "Where are they coming from?"

"I don't know." Newt replied. I paused and thought about the situation, "It must've been a nightmare-"

"Or a sign," Newt interrupted, "I know Y/N wouldn't say someone or something is coming."

"Okay then we can make use of them and put them to work," I shrugged, "Simple enough."

"Minho, the group of people or something is gonna kill us," Newt said, "After Y/N said something is coming she said that, 'We're dead.'"

Newt paused, "She then said that she was dead too."

I gulped. I'm sure it was just a nightmare or some klunk but I'm sure that if danger ever comes to Y/N. I want to protect her.

-----------------------------------------

A/N: I don't have much to say today but... I hope you all are eating and resting well! Don't forget to stay hydrated! Have a nice day today! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

- Bernie

QOTC: You got married to the person/people who sang/rapped the song you recently listened to. Who did you marry?