Chapter 32

- Chuck's P.O.V -

"Does he like me?" Y/N asked. I felt my heart starting to run a marathon. I didn't know what to say. Should I tell her now or should I wait?

I took a deep breath, "We should be focusing on what happened last night right now. You can ask Newt yourself once we figure this out."

Y/N looked at me with a blank expression. There was silence between us. I felt my ears burning up. Was I too harsh? A few moments passed then Y/N smiled and chuckled a little. She patted my head and sighed.

"You got so mature," Y/N giggled, "You're right but where did the old Chuck go?"

I shrugged, feeling like a man, "Don't know."

Before anything got more awkward, I skedaddled out of the Homestead, trying not to look at Gally's dead body.

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I walked out of the Homestead to see the chaos in the Glade. I saw a huge crowd talking among themselves. A few of them were breaking down and crying while others were trying to figure out what happened.

"Y/N!" A glader saw me over the large amount of people. He started to come toward me and he was stomping. I gulped and felt my hands start to sweat. He stopped walking when he was in front of me, "We want answers."

The rest of the crowd stopped talking and they start to walk toward me as well. They started to shout questions and comments. I gathered up the courage to speak to them, "I don't know what happened. I had no idea that Grievers were gonna come here and I didn't know that Teresa was still alive."

The crowd started to shout again. Some were trying to calm down the ones that were angry but they seemed to get more harsh by the second.

"Calm down!" I heard a loud voice boom over the crowd. Everyone's attention turned to the loud voice. Alby emerged from the crowd with an angered look.

"Alby I didn't-"

"Follow me," Alby interrupted me and started to walk away from the crowd of Gladers. I froze where I was standing, negative thoughts started to run through my head. I stood there while I saw Alby take each step further away. He peeked back to see me at the same spot. He stopped in his tracks and turned around. He didn't say anything, just looked at me with the same angered expression.

I started to walk toward Alby with my legs feeling like jelly. I started to think that he was gonna banish me or hand me over to Teresa if she ever came back to the Glade. We headed to the Deadheads. We kept walking until there was a small building in sight. Alby and I entered the small building.

Thomas, Minho and Newt were waiting around the table. On the table was a model sized replica of the Maze. The entrance to the building was closed and was blocked by Alby. I looked at the three men in front of me then I looked at the Maze.

I sighed heavily, "I don't know anything about the Maze you guys... If I did, I would've helped by now."

The three men looked at each other in silence. I really wanted to know what was going on in their heads. Once they looked at each other, they all looked at me once again. I felt my hands start to sweat and anger building up. My lip started to quiver. I was about to scream and break down. This can't be happening again... why can't anyone believe me the first time?

"Y/N..." Thomas broke the silence, "We need to do this..."

Newt sighed and Minho looked away from me. Minho said, "We're all sorry... but..." Minho looked at Newt, wanting him to finish his sentence.

"We need to get out of the Maze," Newt said, "Once again, we're sorry that we had to do this."

"Do what?" I asked. They started to walk toward me and every step they took a step toward me, I took a step back. I felt my back hit the wall. I looked at each of them, looking into their eyes to find a single bit of mercy. I felt a tear run down my cheek...

Then all of a sudden it was dark... extremely dark...

- Minho's P.O.V -

Night came over the Glade. Thomas, Newt and I headed to the Med-Jack's with a bag. A heart was inside and blood was pooling at the bottom of the bag. As we entered the building, Teresa was waiting. Thomas took the bag and placed it in front of her.

"Tell us how to get out of here," Thomas looked at her in the eyes. Teresa looked at him then at Newt and I then in the bag. I felt my heart race. Y/N doesn't deserve this, shuck no one does.

Satisfied, Teresa smiled and took the bag. She gave us a device and a piece of paper. Without a word, she exited the Med-Jack's with a smile on her face.

Once she was not visible, Newt and I rushed to Thomas and looked at the device and piece of paper. A password was written on the piece of paper. The device was rectangular and small.

"What the bloody hell is this used for?" Newt carefully took the device into his hands. A small button was in the middle of the device. He pressed it then a hologram popped up. It showed an arrow pointing toward the exit of the building. Once we exited, the arrow then pointed at the entrance of the Maze.

"We should have everyone be ready within a day," Newt suggested, "After tomorrow, we will escape this hell."

"You didn't say bloody hell," Thomas said while putting is hand to Newt's forehead, "Are you sick?"

Newt swatted Thomas's hand away and I chuckled. I looked at the Deadheads. I felt my smile fade away.

I'm sorry Y/N... Please understand...

-------------

A/N: Hello! Hmm... is this the end of the book? You gotta wait until next week to find out! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Bye bye!

- Bernie

QOTC: Should this be the end of the book?