Chapter 30

-Newt's P.O.V -

Really? This bloody shank again?

"We need to hide Y/N." I say quietly to Minho. Minho followed and ran off with Y/N. Right now I can't focus on love. I need to get the Gladers to safety. 

I look around at all the Gladers. They ran in different directions. Some of them picked the wrong direction to run towards and unfortunately... they died. I directed some of the Gladers to the Homestead. I hope it is strong enough to keep everyone safe and if everyone doesn't make a sound then the Grievers can past the building.

I held the door open for the Gladers that were running toward the Homestead. After a few moments, I closed the door shut. I locked the door and found everyone breathing heavily. I saw Chuck, Y/N and Minho in a corner.

"We need to stay quiet," I whisper around the room, "If they hear no sound, the Grievers might pass this building."

"Might." A male voice said. I turned to look at who was speaking. Gally.

"Oh come on..." I whispered under my breath. He is the last person you would want to be with in this situation.

"We should go out there and fight." Gally suggested without keeping his voice down. I crouch down and get closer to Y/N, Minho and Chuck.

"Our hard work might be getting destroyed," Gally said with a loud voice. He walked toward the center of the room, "We should be out there saving the other Gladers. We should be protecting this Glade from those Grievers."

The other Gladers in the room started to back away from the center until they're backs reached the walls. They looked at me with worried expressions. I held my finger to my lips to make signal them to be as quiet as they can. Gally said a few other sentences on how we should be fighting the Grievers then...

"Who's with me?!" Gally shouted while putting his fist up in the air. I heard a loud creaking sound outside the building. Minho and I got in front of Y/N and Chuck like we were wolves protecting our pups.

You dumb cliché shank...

After a few moments, the metal creaking sound got louder. Gally looked around after he heard the sound. Then, it stopped. I held my breathe.

Then a spider-metallic leg came through the ceiling. Breaking through the building and piercing Gally through his stomach. Everyone froze in shock. I looked back to see if Y/N and Chuck were okay. Apparently, they looked like they were almost at the verge of sobbing out. I looked back at the spider-like leg and it slowly lifted off the ground. As it lifted up, Gally's lifeless body fell to the ground. A stream of blood followed Gally's body as it slid down.

Everyone in the room was holding their breath. We heard the Griever walk away from the building. Chuck started to sob and hug Y/N. For some reason... someone crossed my mind.

Where's Thomas?

- Thomas's P.O.V -

I saw Newt close the door to Homestead as I was running toward the Deadheads. I at least know that he is safe. Hopefully, Minho and Y/N are there, protected and safe. Other Gladers were running in the same direction as me. Some where attacked by the Grievers and died, while others were safe since the Grievers were distracted. Fortunately, I got to the Deadheads alive.

I started to climb a tree, hoping that the leaves around me can hide me from the Grievers. Once I thought I was hidden from the Grievers, I looked out into the Glade. Someone was trying to fight the Griever with fire but their life ended swiftly.

I then saw a Griever that was headed toward the Homestead. I held my breath as it got closer to the building. I saw the Griever stop when it was close to the Homestead. I saw the Griever lift up its leg above the building, then under a second, it pierced through the ceiling. Moments after, the leg lifted and the Griever turned around. On its leg was a stream of blood.

I felt my heart beat fast. I turned away from the scene, thinking that Newt was dead. I really wanted to make sure that Newt was okay. I fought the urge to climb down from the tree and see if he is okay. I really fought the urge but I couldn't help myself.

I climbed down the tree and started to dash toward the Homestead. I ran as fast as I could but a Griever stopped me in my tracks. I fell backwards and I backed away from the monster.

"Thomas." A feminine voice called out my name. I saw Teresa climb down from the Griever. In some sort of magical way, it did not attack her. The rest of the Grievers that were in the Glade started to surround me but not attack me.

Teresa walked toward me, when she was in front of me, she kneeled down. She smirked, "Let's make a deal Thomas... Choose wisely."

"Why would I ever make a deal with you?" I snapped. Teresa fake frowned for a second then it turned back into a smirk, "Listen carefully, this might be a deal you would gladly make."

Teresa chuckled and sat down in front of me. She took my shirt in her fist and pulled me close to her. She looked into my eyes, "I'll give you the exit to the Maze. You can take the Gladers with you and you all won't be in this hellhole anymore."

I felt my heart stop. I thought about all the things that can happen once the Glade is out of the Maze. We can all have good lives. However, my heart started to race once I remembered that I have to do something for Teresa.

I gulped, "What's in it for you?"

Teresa chuckled and she pulled me closer. Her mouth was near my ear.

"Kill Y/N."

-----------------

A/N: Oh man this was a fun chapter to write! For some reason I can feel this book ending soon... I've decided to have a Q&A at the end! Start to generate some questions! Anyway, have a good day! Eat, rest and drink well! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

- Bernie

QOTC: Have the ability to sing or the ability to dance?