Chapter 20

-Y/N's P.O.V-

"It's about Teresa," I said while looking deep into Minho's eyes. I'll do whatever it takes to get Minho to believe in me. "She remembers some things about me. She remembers events before she came here. She wasn't like us when we first stepped into the glade. She didn't have all of her memories erased, she still remembers some events. For some reason, I was in those events. I used to be her best friend, I don't remember her though. She's trying to get rid of me... You've got to help me please... I don't want to be banished, I don't want to die!"

I felt my throat choke up a bit. I started to sob a little but I controlled myself. I looked down and I shook my head. I cried at the thought dying in the Maze, dying a horrible death. I looked back into Minho's eyes, trying to hold back tears. "Please believe in me..." I whispered. I took out the voice recorder out of my bra and I played back the recording. Teresa's voice made me want to crawl away from everything in life and cry. I want to remember what I did to her for years in the past, I would love to fix it but I'm sure she would not give me a second chance.

The recording ended and I took a deep breath. If that wasn't enough evidence then just kill me right now. Minho and I stood there a little bit longer. I was sniffing and I wiped my tears away. Then... Minho took the voice recorder out of my hand and walked out of the Med-Jack's. As soon as the door clicked close behind Minho's back, I fell to my knees and waterfalls came out of my eyes. I didn't care who was hearing me cry... I just needed to let myself go.

-Minho's P.O.V-

She was crying in front of me. I tried to find something to make me hate her but I just found things that made me love her more. Her eyes, her personality, the way how she is so happy with Chuck and the way she can make him happy. Seeing her upset and really depressed made me feel like my chest was burning. Not the type of burn where you run for too long and you literally think you're about to die. It's not that. It's that type of burn where your chest feels heavy and heated up, like you're about to die from feeling too many emotions. That feeling where you're about to cry and scream out in anger at the same time. If you took that emotion and turn it into something you can feel physically, it would be that type of burn.

I love Y/N. I need to do something about it. It was enough evidence for me to believe that Teresa is the one who will be banished tonight. I grabbed the machine out of Y/N's hand and walked out of the Med-Jack's. Hopefully, this will change Alby's mind about banishing Y/N.

Then banish Teresa instead.

-Teresa's P.O.V-

I self-harmed myself to look like Y/N beat me up within the Deadheads. I walked out into the bright sunlight and started to cry. "Help!" I yelled. I fell to the ground acting like I was badly hurt. I had to get attention from the gladers. I got back to my feet and saw Minho. He was the closest near me.

"Minho!" I cried out, "Please help!" Minho looked at me then furrowed his eyebrows. He stomped toward me. He seemed angry but that could just be his sass.

"Y/N... she beat me up in the Deadheads," I say while looking afraid, "She nearly beat me to death. You've got to help me."

"I'm not taking your lies anymore," Minho looked me in the eye. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Excuse me?"

Minho raised his hand. Within seconds, I was on my knees with a stinging pain on my cheek. I looked up and I saw his hand was raised again. I closed my eyes, ready for the pain.

"Stop!" A voice boomed. I opened my eyes to see a glader holding Minho's arm, pulling it away so it won't hurt me.

"Shucking Gally," I heard Minho say under his breath, "Let me go you klunkhead!"

"No!" Gally said with a firm tone, "You're not hurting an angel."

Minho pulled his arm back from Gally's grasp. Minho shook his head then walked away. Gally looked at me. "You okay angel?"

"Can you get me to the Med-Jack's?" I asked. Gally smiled while other gladers were seeing what had happened.

"Of course."

-Minho's P.O.V-

"Bloody hell Minho. What the shuck happened over there?" Newt came walking behind me with Thomas by his side.

"You just slapped her and everyone in the glade was..." Thomas paused, "Shook."

Thomas wheezed and made the most disgusting laugh. He slapped his knee. Newt and I were standing there. "What the shuck Thomas?" Newt asked while looking disgusted.

"I learned it from Chuck-"

"This is no time to laugh," I snapped, "Y/N is in trouble."

"You actually still care about her?" Newt chuckled. Thomas wacked Newt's head and he stopped chuckling. "Apparently, Y/N is the innocent one here. Teresa has been lying."

"You don't have evidence Minho." Newt chuckled again. I rolled my eyes and I took out the voice recorder. I played it to show that I am right. Once the recording stopped, I put the device back into my pockets.

"We need to stop Alby from deciding to banish Y/N." I explained. Thomas raised his hand. I rolled my eyes once again, "What do you shucking want now Thomas?"

"Where is Y/N?" Thomas asked. Oh shuck... I just left her there... I gulped then I replied, "She's in the Med-Jack's."

"You just shucking left her there?" Thomas looked at me. I nodded. "I'll go check on her." Thomas started to sprint toward the Med-Jack's. I felt jealousy flowing in my blood.

"Don't worry," Newt said, "Thomas likes Y/N like a sister."

I looked at him. He sighed, "I don't love Teresa anymore. I love Y/N also, the same way you do. I was thinking that all of the events that happened with Teresa must not be all true. She kinda has everyone under a spell, I was half-way out of that spell though. Then, you showed me the recording and now I'm free. I love her too Minho as much or more as you do."

The jealousy started to pump through my blood faster and faster. Newt sighed once more, "No time to waste."

Newt started to walk away from the direction of the Homestead. I stood there in complete confusion.

"Aren't you coming?" Newt looked back.

"Alby is-"

"I know where Alby is," Newt interrupted me, "Are you coming to help Y/N or not?"

I smiled and I started to follow him. I will fix everything I had done to Y/N.

With my rival on my side.

--------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I take so long to update. My school year has ended! I was planning to write on the 27th but I had my 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend! Then it was Memorial Day so I couldn't write since I was with my family. Two days ago was my graduation then yesterday I celebrated my graduation with my relatives. I am very sorry that I am so messy with my update schedule! This summer however, I will try to update every week! This will be a tough challenge since I am so busy! Once I start to get to the final last chapters of this book, I will be starting a new one which will be a BTS fanfic. I am so sorry if you do not like K-POP. Also, we are reaching almost 50K reads so... I was wondering if you guys would like a fandom name? I know... I'm not that popular but I would love to call you something else other than, "Guys." I'll talk to you guys in the next chapter!

-Bernie

QOTC (Question(s) of the Chapter): What would you guys like to be called? Do you think the BTS fanfiction should be a love triangle like this one?