Chapter 27

"Silver, we need to talk to you!" -Harry

"What's wrong?" -Silv

"We feel like you don't care about us anymore. You hardly talk to us and you take forever to update our story!" -Luke

"Look boys, I'm sorry, it's just that I've been busy and-" -Silver

"Why have you been neglecting us! You don't love us anymore? Why? What did we do wrong? Why do you hate us?" -Louis

"Drama queen, calm down, I don't hate you guys!" -siver

"Then what is it? Is there someone else?" -Ashton

"No! Listen I've been busy but I promise that everything is going to go back to normal ok?" -Silver.

"Promise?" -All the boys

"Promise." -Silver

Ashton POV

Luke and I have been awake for over an hour. Let’s just say that my boyfriend has been pissing me off, so much! He’s been so god damn sweet this morning. Ok now I think about it like that, it doesn’t sound so annoying, but the problem here is that he’s been acting WAY too sweet!

He’s been in and out my room every five minutes asking me if I want something, he’s been putting all these blankets on me and everytime I’ve been kicking them off, he would come and cover me up again! He’s driving me insane.

Even though he has driven me so crazy, I know it’s because of whatever happened at home before he came to the hospital. I’m sure he thought I was asleep when he whispered those things to me last night and just hearing him made my heart break.

Now I think about it, I’ve never really been to his house, only once or twice maybe. We always come here and the times I did go, it was only his mum who was home and I remember seeing a picture of a man, who I’m guessing is his father, wearing army clothes.

I need to ask him what’s going on, because whatever it is, it’s bothering him a lot!

“Luke!” I yelled and I heard him walk up the stairs and then my bedroom door opened and he walked in.

“What’s wrong babe, do you need something?”

“I need you to stop a minute and come and sit down with me.” I smiled, hoping it would make him say yes.

He gave me a small nod as he walked over to the bed and sat down, the distance between us upsetting me.

“Why are you sitting all the way over there?” I pouted.

He half smiled and scooted up the bed until he was lying next to me. I grabbed his hand and started to play with his fingers, something that I’ve grown used to now and I sighed as I tried to think of how to start the conversation off.

“Luke, there’s something you’re not telling me, isn’t there?” I asked and I felt his whole body stiffen under my touch.

“Well…I-I guess.”

“And it’s something to do with home. Please Lukey, tell me. We always say everything to each other so please just tell me what’s going on.” I pleaded, scared that he would just brush it off and tell me everything is fine, even though clearly it’s not. Instead he just broke down in tears, he was sobbing, as he wrapped his arms around me and held on to me like his life depended on it.

“It’s my d-dad…” he sobbed.

I whispered comforting things to him until he finally calmed down and he was just sniffling.

“Now tell me what happened.” I said.

“Well it all starts with my grandpa. You see my grandpa worked with the military and forced my dad to also join the army. That’s why my dad is never home, because he’s always away in Afghanistan. But my dad wants me to also join the army and continue the ‘family tradition’, so when I turned ten he started making obstacle courses for me and whenever I would do anything wrong he would hit me. it’s still like that, whenever he comes home. And my dad is homophobic, so he doesn’t even know that I’m bi and he doesn’t know about you, only my mum knows. And know he found out and I’m scared to go home because he’s going to beat me senseless.” He began to sob again as he hid his face in the crook of neck.

“I’m not going to let him hurt you ok? You’re staying here with me, yeah? Then nothing bad will ever happen to you again. Actually you know what? We should buy our own apartment. Then it will just be me and you and we won’t have anybody else to worry about, no one.” I said, getting lost in my own thoughts now.

“But we’ll think about it ok?” I whispered as I kissed the top of his head.

I hated seeing him cry. It was the first time I actually saw him break down like that. It was a horrible sight. I loved seeing him smile and joke around and just be the fun, caring, sweet, loving guy he is and just seeing him finally let go of everything inside him, my heart shattered into a million pieces. Finally, after managing to calm him down, he fell asleep and my mum came up to check on us.

“Is he ok?” she asked, sitting on the side of my bed.

“Not really.” I whispered.

“What’s wrong? Can I help?”

“Can he stay with us for a while mum? Things at his home aren’t good right now.”

“Of course he can. You look after him ok? He’s been so good to you, since you got together.”

“I know mum. And I will.”

“I know honey. I’ll leave you be now, I have to go to work but I’ll be back later, ok?”

“Yeah mum, see you later.”

 She smiled at me and then left. She’s right though Luke has been like the perfect boyfriend and it’s time for me to be the perfect boyfriend now and to look after Luke. What would I do without him? I can't even think about my life without him being a part of it anymore. It's weird how before I only dreamt of having Luke here next to me but now it's actually reality! This is crazy but boy do I love him, that's why I need to confront his father, I need to do it for Luke, I need to do it for us!

A/N: We getting closer and closer to the end of Try Hard! :o!! But have no fear because I already have a new story out! You do? Yes I do! It's called Silent and it's a Ziall story so go check that out too! That's what I'm going to be working on more after I finish Try Hard so go tell me your thoughts on it. Thanks for reading, voting and commenting everyone, it means a lot!! x