TREASURE

taehyung focus
the rest of the evening was spent drawing out maps and labelling key points of the forest area which they tested later on by doing a mini treasure hunt; which bored the hell out of taehyung, the older questioning the teacher's decision on why they made this trip.

he shoves one cold hand into his raincoat pocket whilst the other balances a teetering paper plate. he lines up with his classmates, waiting for watery squash and burnt sausages.

it was 8:30pm: dinner time. 9:00 was the strict bedtime rule, taehyung chews on his bottom lip at the thought of sleeping in the dark in a flimsy tent. sure, he had namjoon but namjoon would be likely to fall asleep drooling and definitely wouldn't want to hold taehyung whilst he slept. because that would gay, after all.

he sighs and looked up at the slowly darkening sky, the wind had subsided and now the sky was cloudy. he prays to god that there wouldn't be rain or even worse, a thunderstorm.

he walks out of the lunch queue and dumps his plate in one of the outdoor bins, before wandering over to his tent. he opens the zipper and sits at the entrance, ignoring the small metal zipper digging into his left thigh.

he surveys the camping grounds. groups of friends sit or stand together chatting, teachers dish out badly cooked food to hungry students, and all this happens under the glow of the pink sunset. he couldn't help but admire the glowing sunset with a smile on his face, his chin resting on the tops of his knees.

he waits for the dark to settle and for the stars to appear, waiting for 9:00pm.

jungkook focus
half an hour passes quickly as jungkook giggles at coach han's useless attempts to strike a fire.

"'a real man knows how to start a fire' guess he isn't a real man then." jimin imitates, snorting as he forks sausages and beans into his mouth.
coach han finally lights a small fire but it's enough for the students to go "ooh" and gather around with friends.

jungkook looks around to see people walking over to a beaming coach han and the puny fire besides him. his eyes drift over to taehyung's tent and stops there, surprised to see him sitting by himself.

he looks so beautiful, jungkook thinks immediately. he stares at the contours of taehyung's face, the skin lit up by the last of sun's glow. a smile was set on his face and all jungkook could do was stare, mesmerised at the older's beauty.

"hey, how about some ghost stories?" one of guys yells out, the girls responding by frightened squeals. jungkook ignores the squeals and trudges upwards to where taehyung sits.

"don't wanna hear any horror stories?" jungkook asks, sitting down besides him.

"i already have something to be scared of at night." taehyung mumbles almost inaudibly, staring at the fading remains of light.
he clears his throat, realising his awkward response and jungkook's silence.

"what about you? scared of horror stories?" taehyung teases, changing the subject. jungkook puffs out his chest, "no! i don't get scared, i just came to say hi."

"hi then."

"hi."

"are you gonna man up and listen to some scary stories then?"

"yeah. yeah, i think i will." jungkook scratches the back of his neck, lowering his head slightly.

"wanna come?" jungkook asks, heaving himself up. taehyung shakes his head.

"alright, bye then." jungkook mumurs, the conversation had just flitted by and ended so quick.
jungkook sips at his carton of apple juice and strode down to the circle of squealing girls and guys, formed around the weak fire.

jungkook frowns as a thought pops into his head, what happened to taehyung?