CAKES

taehyung focus
taehyung picks at the lint covering a worn cushion as he waits for jungkook to pick up the phone.

it was two days after the disastrous camping trip and now he sits in his living room, worried.

today was 'open afternoon day' at taehyung's future college. he'd planned on visiting his college and seeing the dorms and the art studios with his mom. but his mom bailed on him when an emergency client called her to do her hair - apparently the hairdresser she had hired earlier nearly burned off her fringe. taehyung's mom left quickly after apologising several times and kissing his forehead.

he sighs loudly and leans back against the cool leather of the couch.
jin hyung was number one on taehyung's list of who to accompany him to his new college. but jin hyung had refused, saying he had work.
taehyung definitely wouldn't call namjoon hyung; the boy would no doubt try to chat up the female students he'd study with.
jimin was already going with his dad, and taehyung didn't want to third wheel with his family.

so one person was left on his list.

"jungkook! hey, wanna come with me to check out songyeondan college: the college im going to? my mom can't make it."

"no thanks."

"aw, come on! i don't wanna go by myself. apparently the cafe's cakes there are really good! i'll treat you to some!" taehyung pleads, desperate. he really really didn't want to go by himself.

"i don't like cakes."

"sure you don't - everyone likes cakes." taehyung states matter-of-factly.

"not me."

"jungkook, please come with me. i don't wanna wander around by myself." taehyung begs.

taehyung hears a loud sigh on the other side of the phone.

"come on, it'll be nicer than being holed up inside your room watching porn all day. or freaking barbie."

"i was already going to say yes." jungkook snaps, taehyung smiles at the angry younger.

"great, come round mine in half an hour!"

"yeah, yeah whatever."

"see you!"