Nothing To Do With You

[Monday Morning - History Class]

Maya and Zay were talking while Lucas clenched his jaw at the sight of Maya laughing at something Zay said. Lucas couldn't contain himself anymore, "Sir?" he said while raising his hand.

"Yes, Mr. Friar?"

"Keeping secrets from friends? Good or bad?" Maya turned to him with a her eyes widened and her fists clenched.

"Depends on the secret..."

"If you were hurting yourself...?"

"Mr. Friar is there something you want to tell me?"

"NO!" Maya shouted. "Huckleberry, come with me." Maya grabbed him by the shirt collar and dragged out into the hallway. "What the hell do you think you're doing?! You have no right!"

"You have to tell Riley!" Lucas insisted.

"NO! I don't. It's my decision and this has nothing to do with you!" Maya's voice was filled with anger, but it never grew in volume. She was being careful not to draw attention to the argument.

"Nothing to with me? NOTHING TO DO WITH ME?!" Lucas was furious. "THIS HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ME MAYA!" He said snapping. His anger and volume growing. "You are an amazing, beautiful, smart, passionate girl who is nothing if not extraordinary, and I don't understand how you can do this to yourself!" Lucas grabbed Maya's wrist and rolled up her sleeve, exposing her cuts and burns. "THIS! This has everything to do with me, Maya! Because I care about you!" Maya was speechless. Her eyes moved right to left as they looked into Lucas' green eyes. She looked away from him and bit her bottom lip. She loosened herself from Lucas' grip and rolled her sleeve back down.

"We're missing class..." Maya brushed by him and walked back into class. She left him standing in the hallway with his mouth partly open. He just put his feelings out on the table, and she barely gave it any thought. He shook off his feelings and went back into the class. The rest of the class was quiet and awkward.

[Lucas' Apartment]

Lucas was doing his homework at the kitchen table when there was a knock on the door. He opened the door and Maya burst through. "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

Lucas gave her a confused look, "Uhh, how'd you get in here?"

"Someone ordered take out and I snuck in when the take-out guy walked in." She responded.

"Okay then..."

"Are you going to answer my question?" Maya asked as she stood there tapping her foot.

"What did I do now?" Maya gave him a 'seriously dude?!'

"You pull that crap in class and then what was all of that bullshit out in the hallway!?" Maya was irked. It bothered her that Lucas had this control over her.

"I was just telling you the truth." Maya hesitated to speak but once she said something, she couldn't stop.

"You know what? I don't care! You don't get to make that choice for me! It has nothing to do with you, no matter what you say! Understand? And I don't want to hear any of that 'I care about you' bullshit! I am so sick of the world saying who I am and am not supposed to be! Do me a favour and just leave me the hell-" Lucas cut her off by smashing his lips into hers, he pulled away. "alone..." Maya said finishing her sentence before Lucas cut her off.