I Know Who I Have To Choose | Part 1

Maya was sitting in the waiting room when Lucas finally found her. "Huckleberry. I. DO. NOT. Want. To. Talk. To. You!"

"Maya, I'm sorry! Really, really sorr-"

"NO! You're not!"

"What do I have to do to prove this to you?!"

"Lucas, of all the times this could possibly be appropriate, THIS is not one of those times! The mother of your unborn child is about to have surgery, so she AND your baby can live..." Lucas realized it wasn't entirely the best time after all. "But even if it was a good time, you're not entirely proving that you're capable of being in a relationship- at least not the kind I want... You need to learn to trust me!"

"I do trust you! I'm just a little crazy right now. You know a lot of things are shaping our future. The fact that I got Riley pregnant kind of took the steering wheel on that." Lucas stated awkwardly.

"It's not entirely you're fault. It takes two, plus I'm the one who told you to pick Riley."

"Yeah, why did you tell me to pick Riley?"

"It was me, stepping back, protecting my best friend. I knew I could get over you eventually, Riley not so much, so I just picked the one of the two lesser evils..."

"So you did still like me?"

"Of course I did. I still do, except it's different now."

"Why?"

"Because, it's not just me liking you anymore. I love you- and not high school 'I Love You' 'I Love You Too' It's just- Oh my god..."

"What?"

"I know what I have to do. I know who I have to choose..."

[A/N]: SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER BUT I'LL MAKE IT UP WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER, A LONG ONE AND DON'T WORRY THIS IS ALL APART OF A PLAN – I DIDN'T ORIGINALLY HAVE A PLAN BUT ONE KINDA JUST DEVELOPED ALONG THE WAY... ALSO QUESTION: WHAT (OR WHO) DO YOU THINK MAYA WILL CHOOSE? P.S. THIS CHAPTER (I KNOW WHO I HAVE TO CHOOSE) IS GOING TO HAVE THREE PARTS. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS ONLY PART 1 BUT STAYED TUNED! P.P.S: I HOPE YOU TOLD YOURSELF THAT YOU LOVE YOURSELF TODAY! idk I'm dorky I guess...