Can I Say Yay?

"Maya?" Josh asked. "What's going on?" Maya stood there speechless. She didn't know what to say, what to think. She questioned how much he heard but she wouldn't ask because either way, it wouldn't end well. "MAYA!"

"DON'T SNAP AT HER!" Lucas snapped as he shoved Josh.

"Really western hero? You wanna go?" The boy began to fight. Throwing punches and kicks. 

"Okay! OKAY!" Maya got between the two. Josh's nose was bleeding and Lucas' lip was split. "Beating each other senseless won't solve anything!"

"WHAT WILL?!" Josh yelled. "One minute you're telling me that you love me and the next, you're coming of a janitor's closet with your ex?! What's going on?" Josh asked once again. 

"I love Lucas," Maya said hesitantly. "But I love you too..."

"Well you have to decide!" Josh spat

"I know! You don't think I know that?"

"So...?" Josh asked.

"I can't decide right now!" Josh stormed off. Maya bit her upper lip and shook her head as she rolled her eyes. "My god! Your lip!" Maya exclaimed. Lucas touched his lip and winced in pain. Maya dragged him into the bathroom and ran cold water from the tap over a paper towel. She rung out the water and dabbed his lip to clean it. "God- I'm so sorry huckleberry!"

"It's okay..." Lucas exclaimed.

"No. It's not! This is my fault."

"You're right. It's your fault for being so amazing that I fell for you!" Maya's cheeks became rosy. She ignored her cheeks and kept dabbing his lip with the wet paper towel. "Do you know who you're going to pick?"

"Huckleberry don't start! I'm not going to discuss this with you. This is the kind of conversation I have with Riley- who, by the way, is your unborn child's mother."

"I know. Just because we're having a child, doesn't mean we have to be together." Lucas leaned in but Maya stepped back.

"I can't. I just need some time to figure things out. I'll see you around Huckleberry." Maya set down the wet paper towel and walked out of the bathroom.

[Bay Window]

"Can I say yay?!" Riley asked with a huge grin across her face.

"You can but you won't be saying yay when I'm finished..." Maya responded.

"YA-Wait what?"

"We kinda kissed in the closet and when we came out Josh was standing right there... They fought for a bit and now I'm confused on who to choose. On the one side there's Josh, who I've liked forever and now I love him and I lost my virginity to him and I DON'T KNOW! But then there's Lucas, who I haven't liked for that long but there's just something about him and I DON'T KNOW! Riles, what am I gonna do?!" Maya pouted in anxious confusion. She had no idea what to think, do, or say, let alone who to choose.

"Honestly I'm a little biased but- OW!" Riley winced in pain.

"Riles! What's wrong?" Riley held onto her stomach. "Is it the baby? It he coming?"

"He can't be! I'm only 6 months along. OW!" Riley held onto her stomach tighter.

"I'm going to get your parents!" Maya rushed out to the kitchen at got Topanga and Cory. Riley was hunched over crying and trying not to collapse to the floor in pain. "Oh my- Riles!" Maya muttered with tears streaming down her face as she watched her best friend taken to the car to go to the hospital. Maya grabbed her phone and called Lucas. She told him to meet them at the hospital.