Well? Did You?

[The Next Day — History Class]

Maya and Riley weren't speaking, Lucas and Maya weren't speaking, and Riley and Lucas weren't speaking. It was worse than the triangle before, because Lucas had finally chosen but his decision was apparently wrong. Lucas was staring out the window again. It was raining, pouring actually. It made the snow outside slushy but it didn't matter, soon that slush would freeze overnight. "Mr. Friar?" Lucas turned his head to the front of the class. "You seem distracted..."

"Don't worry daddy" Riley spoke up, "Boys just aren't as focused and in tune with their self as girls are... Total douche bags!" Riley gave Lucas the evil eye. 

"And girls are way more bitchy when talking to their fathers and trying to be all innocent." Lucas retorts. Maya simply sat in her seat, trying to ignore the banter between the two. 

"Alright what is going on?" Cory demanded. Maya quickly stood up and grabbed Riley and Lucas' wrists and brought them out into the hallway. "I try to be a teacher but teenagers are just a bunch of jerks."

[Hallway]

"Alright! I'm not listening to stupid, back-and-forth banter between you two. So get over whatever bullshit is going on so we can live our lives in peace!" Maya demanded.

"You don't get to have input in this Maya!" Riley exclaimed while shaking her head.

"Riles, I already told you-"

"I DON'T CARE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW?! I GUARANTEE, 100%, YOU DON'T! AND LET ME TELL YOU, IT FREAKING HURTS!" Riley interrupted screaming, not caring who heard her. Riley turned to Lucas with tears forming in her eyes. "You kissed my best friend and then you both lied to me about it!" 

"I told you the truth..." Maya interjected 

"I DON'T CARE!" Riley retorted. She turned back to Lucas, "Why?"

"Why'd I kiss her?" Lucas asked in response. Riley nodded her head. "She was rambling about something we'd been fighting about-"

"What?" Riley asked. "What were you fighting about?" Lucas and Maya just stared at each other with their mouths partly open, hesitating to speak. "TELL ME!" Riley demanded.

Maya was about to speak when, "NO!" Lucas stopped her. 

"What?" Riley sounded furious.

"You're not in the right mindset for Maya to tell you this! She needs a supportive friend who will care for and understand her and right now Riley, you're not supportive or a friend." Lucas explained. Riley was speechless and Maya was smirking and trying to hide her cheeks turning rosy. Her face was warming up as she turned away so Riley and Lucas couldn't see.

"Continue with the story..." Riley said, trying to calm down from what Lucas said.

"She was rambling about something we'd been fighting about and I just couldn't think of another way to stop her..." Lucas said.

"So to shut her up, you cheat on me?" Riley asked facetiously. 

"Riley, I-" Before Maya could continue Riley interrupted.

"Did you make a mistake back at the ski lodge Lucas?" Riley asked. He looked back and forth between both girls and was trying to take in Riley's question. "Well? Did you?"