Nothing. Everything. I Don't Know

'Because he's in love with you' Those words replayed in Maya's brain again and again. "D-did he tell you that? Jesu- why in hell would he tell you that!? That's awf-"

"MAYA!" Riley yelled, trying to stop Maya from freaking out. "Nobody had to tell me! It's obvious. The way he looks at you, the way he lights up when you call him a nickname, the way he smiles when you talk, I mean if you can't notice that, you're blind!" Riley argued.

Maya sighed, "Well it doesn't matter because I can't do that to you."

"For crying out lou- MAYA!" Farkle yelled. Riley and Maya had never seen Farkle so annoyed. "Stop. Stepping. Back. You love Riley, we all know that but stop putting her happiness before your own! Lucas loves you and you- well we don't exactly know how you feel because you keep stepping back!"

"It's fine, Peaches. It hurts right now, sure...but I'll get over it." Riley smiled. "Before you go talk to him though, can you just answer one question that's been clouding my mind since it was mentioned?" Maya nodded. "What were you two fighting about?" Maya took in a breath and looked at Farkle and back down at her sleeve covered wrist. She flashed a quick fake smile and bit her bottom lip. "Maya...?"

[Lucas' Locker]

Lucas was grabbing his math textbook when he felt someone grab the back of his collar and drag him into the janitor's closet. The door closed and there she was, the blonde beauty, standing in front of him. "Hey Ma-"

"Don't! You told Farkle!?" She yelled in a hushed tone.

"I didn't tell him who..." Lucas whispered.

"It doesn't matter. You brought it up. You should've known he would be smart enough to figure it out! And now, Riley keeps asking what we were fighting about and she apparently has a lot of free time now to ask because you broke up!" Lucas nodded as he bit his lip internally. "I cannot believe you!" Maya went to walk away but Lucas pulled her back into a kiss. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than she could have imagined. Her lips slowly went from a gentle pecking to an intense pattern of relapsing into the kiss. The passion grew and grew but Maya pulled away and covered her mouth as she back away from him. "I can't" She said in a whisper with her hand still over her mouth. 

"Why? Why not? What is so wrong about you and me being together?" Lucas asked in sorrow.

"Nothing." She said reassuring him. "Everything." She said reassuring herself. "I don't know."

"Maya I-"

"NO! I can't do it! I won't get my hopes up for this. Hope is for suckers, you know that I feel that. And I can't do this to Riley!"

"Stop thinking about Riley for a minute. How do you feel?" He asked stepping closer. Her breathing grew heavier, slower, and deeper. She bit her bottom lip and crashed into his lips with hers. The passion continued from where it left off but it was different this time because both were completely invested in it. Lucas broke away from the kiss and moved down to Maya's neck. Maya let out a small moan and bit her lip. They moved back against the shelf and Lucas continued on Maya's neck. She slowly gave into it more and more.

"Okay, slow down there cowboy." She giggled, "You have math and I'd rather not have a hickey I can't explain."

Lucas bit his bottom lip, "I have 2 minutes until I have math..."

She unbuttoned his shirt collar and kissed his neck and slowly moved closer up to his ear, "We can continue this at my apartment," she whispered. She nibbled on his earlobe with a smile and moved her back down to his neck. She backed off and pecked him on the lips. "Go on Huckleberry." She pointed at the door. He kissed her on the cheek and left. Maya took a few seconds to cool down before she went to art class.