Chapter 27

Edited : 08-01-2016

After the second practice, we returned to the hotel. Rose is chilling on her own bed and I'm laying on Max's and my bed. Max is in the shower. Rose is on her phone, doing god knows what. She suddenly sits up with wide eyes.

"Jas, help" she says. I sit up as well while Max walks into the room in sweatpants and a grey t-shirt. He sits down next to me and looks at Rose.

"Marcel just asked me out" she says. I giggle.

"So ? Say yes" I say. Max looks kind of confused. He didn't know Rose and Marcel had a stare battle in the garage this morning.

"Should I?" Rose asks, suddenly shy and insecure.

"Marcel's a great guy, Rose" Max says to her. Rose smiles slightly and looks down at her phone. I stand up and grab her phone from her hands.

To : Marcel

Hey! I would love to go out, what time and where ? -Rose

From : Marcel

I'll pick you up at 7, wear something nice :) -Marcel

I throw Rose her phone back and her eyes widen.

"If I was you, I'd go and take a shower" I tell her. She jumps up, runs over to her suitcase and then into the bathroom. A minute later, the water starts running and music is turned up. I shake my head and let myself fall onto the bed. Max leans on his arm and with his other hand, holds me.

"How did today go for you?" he asks me softly.

"It went good, I think. I still think there is room for improvement, but I think you can really have a good qualifying tomorrow. How'd go for you?"

"Good, apart from the grip sometimes being slightly off the soft compounds, that's the only thing that I hope tomorrow is better" Max says. I nod, remembering he had problems with grip in both the practices.

"Are you excited about your dad and sister arriving tomorrow?" I ask him, remembering they'll be here tomorrow. Max already told them where we're staying, so they'll come to the hotel tomorrow morning and then travel with us to the track.

"Yes, I hope I can do great things with them being there" Max says.

"I'm sure you'll do alright. I just hope I can give you the right information again" I say. Max smiles and kisses me softly. Just then, Rose comes running out of the bathroom. She grabs her make-up bag and goes back into the bathroom, without saying a word. I giggle at her.

"I hope she and Marcel will keep dating, he deserves a nice girl like Rose" Max says. I nod at that. Rose deserves a nice guy as well.

"They'll be good for each other" I say. Max agrees. We end up just laying in bed, watching Prison Break when Rose went out with Marcel. Before she came back, we had already fallen asleep.

---

I'm sitting in my Red Bull Racing shirt on the couch in the hotel room. Max is grabbing breakfast for us. Rose has been telling me all about her date.

"And when he walked me back to the room, he kissed me" she says and blushes slightly.

"I am so happy for you! It seems like you two had a great time" I say and Rose nods. She has been sitting with her VIP pass already on her neck. She says that it is because she is affraid she'll forget it, but I know that it is because she likes it.

"So does that mean that you're going to stay in the garage today?" I ask her. Rose shruggs.

"I'm not sure, I don't want to distract him" she says. I nod slowly.