Chapter 87

I yawn and stretch my arms above my head, as the plane comes to a stop at the gate. I look to my right to see Max smiling brightly.

"We survived it!" he says, meaning the extreme long flight from the Netherlands to Australia. I nod and sigh heavily.

"Have you texted Dan?" I ask Max. His eyes widen and he grabs his phone. He turns it on and waits. The bridge is now attached to the plane, so the door is opening. We are sitting at row 15, so it will take a little before we can get out.

"Texted him" Max says. I nod at him, trying to stand up. Finally we can leave the plane. We walk towards bagage claim, where our now even heavier suitcase will be waiting. Our christmas gifts had to be taken with us.

"Maybe we should buy an extra suitcase while we are here" Max mumbles, knowing exactly what I'm thinking about, which is creepy.

"Yeah, I don't think it will take any more stuff. And I want to buy clothes and stuff in America" I say to Max, who chuckles.

"I kind of already figured that. We should ask Dan to take us to a shop after Christmas" Max says, while we arrive at bagage claim. We have to wait a couple of minutes before the bagage comes onto the belt.

Max's phone buzzes and he quickly looks at it. He smiles and shakes his head, showing me the phone.

Daniel : I'm here my babies! Can't wait to see you ❤

I laugh at Daniel's message. He is a special one. Finally our case comes and Max takes it off the belt. It is refreshing to not see many people staring at Max. I don't think many Australians know Max.

We walk towards the exit and then follow the signs to the parking lot. We follow the directions Daniel had given us a minute ago, to where he is. We see a car door opening and then see the smile. The smile is always the first thing I notice.

"Babies!" Daniel yells. I giggle as Max chuckles. We walk towards him and see him smiling brightly. Daniel pulls Max into a hug, as I smile at the two of them.

"Welcome to Australia!" Daniels yells, as he now pulls me into a hug. I put my arms around Daniel and pull him close.

"I am so excited for tomorrow!" Daniel says, as he helps Max put the suitcase in his trunk. I get in the car, with Max following me. Daniel starts driving away from the airport.

"It's so weird to see you driving on the other side" Max mumbles. Daniel chuckles.

"For me, it's the right side" Daniel says, driving onto the highway.

"But you drive most of the year on our side as well, isn't it weird for you to come back here?" I ask him. He too lives in Monaco.

"Well no, because we drive the other side in England as well, so for me, it's weird to drive in Monaco" he answers.

"Right" I mumble, looking out of the window. I think Australia is looking amazing.

-

We finally arrive at Daniel's house. I suddenly get slightly nervous. We're meeting Daniel's parents. I don't know why that makes me nervous, but it does. Max grabs the suitcase and we follow Daniel inside. We put the case to the side and follow Daniel into the livingroom.