Chapter 23.

I woke up rather later than expected. I'd told Niall I would pick him up at 11 because I have a date planned for us. But here I am still lying in bed at 10am. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and jumped up from bed heading straight for the shower. I quickly washed my body and hair then stepped out wrapping a towel around my waist while I brushed my teeth. Feeling all fresh and clean I re-entered the sleeping quarters and rummaged through my stuff for some nice clothes to wear.

I picked out some black skinny jeans and my favourite 'hipster please' top pulling them on over the top of my clean boxers then took a seat on the bed to slip my socks and shoes on. I checked myself out in the mirror and quickly dried my hair. Once satisfied I checked the time to see I had 10 minutes left to pick Niall up. Better early then late I suppose!

I picked up everything I needed like phone, wallet and keys then headed out my hotel room shutting the door behind me only to walk a couple doors down to Niall's. I could feel the nerves building inside of me yet I don't know why I'm so nervous, we're practically together now anyway. I took a deep breath and knocked twice loudly on the door. As I stood waiting I fiddled with my thumbs, I heard the click of door opening and quickly looked up to see Niall standing there looking gorgeous. He had on his grey chinos and a light green top saying 'free hugs'.

"You look nice." I complimented him.

"Thanks, so do you." he smiled and closed the door behind him. "So what are we doing today?"

"It's a surprise!" I announced smirking a little.

Niall frowned a bit but followed me down the hall to the elevator. I've planned the best date ever and I'm pretty sure he's going to love it. We exited the hotel and entered the car park getting into my car.

"Why do you get to drive?" he pouted

"Well one because it's my car and two because you don't know where we're going." I laughed starting the engine.

"Fine!" he huffed and pulled his own belt on.

I pulled out the parking lot and headed in the direction of his surprise. I'm pretty sure he's going to love it but I'm still nervous about how he's going to react. This is our first date after all. The drive wasn't too long but Niall still managed to complain about how long it was taking. I think we were only on the road for about 5 minutes before he started complaining.

"We're nearly there stop complaining." I told him with a smile and he huffed sitting back in his seat.

Another 5 minutes later and we were here. Niall's face lit up when he saw the sign saying 'Let's Go-Go Carting' and immediately starting bouncing around in his seat.

"You brought me Go-carting!" he gasped.

"I couldn't let our first date be a lame one." I smiled and he hugged me over the gear stick.

I shut off the engine and jumped out the driver's seat then ran around and opened the door for Niall. He jumped out of his seat and into my arms wrapping them tightly around my neck.

"This is so awesome!"

"I'm glad you like it." I smiled and let go of him.

So we didn't get caught in the public eye I couldn't hold Niall's hand or put my arm around him. I guess standing close to him would have to do. I walked a little quicker so I could get inside first and make sure I paid and not Niall. Once inside I walked to the desk and waited for someone to come over.

"Hello there young man how may I help you today?" A nice looking young lady asked me.

"Hey I'm looking for a couple laps around the track for me and my friend." I spoke up as Niall approached me at the desk.

"Ahh yes no problem boys, tracks actually pretty empty today so it looks like you've got the place to yourself for now." She told us and I smiled

I handed over my money and told Niall to go get into his gear. They supply us with body suits here so we don't damage our own clothes if we crash or anything. Once I paid for our track session I joined Niall as he was climbing into his bodysuit. I pulled my own on as an instructor came over and explained how to use the carts and a few safety things.

We both nodded understanding what the guy was telling us and then climbed into our cars. I got a blue one and Niall had a green one. A timer counted us down from three, two, and one. We were off!

"I'm gunna beat your ass Styles!" Niall called out as he sped passed me and up the track.

Just as he was reaching the corner I caught up with him and sped around the edge. We were equal as we approached the stretch but then on the straight Niall boomed passed me again. My only advantage is whenever he neared a corner I was able to catch up and pass him.

We had done a few laps Niall winning all but one. I could lie and say I let him win but he honestly is a wicked driver and I can't take that away from him. We pulled up in the bays and parked up the cars. Our instructor from earlier came over to give us our medals and told us that Niall did in fact win. We quickly changed out of our jumpsuits and exited the building but what Niall doesn't know is there's a second part to this date. I climbed back into the driver's seat of my car while Niall climbed into the passenger side.

"That was an awesome first date Haz thank you!" Niall said as he rubbed my leg.

"It's not over yet babe." I winked feeling a little confident after the first part of the date went so well.

"What? What do you have planned now then?"

"Lunch of course!" I smirked and pulled out onto the road.

Niall was once again bouncing in his seat like a little child going on his first road trip; I laughed at his childlike manor but kept my eyes on the road. We soon pulled up outside Pizza Hut. I was going to take him to Nando's but he always goes there so it wouldn't be much of a surprise so instead I chose Pizza Hut.

After getting out the car and going inside we were seated and served our drinks. Once again it was rather quiet in here so we'd been pretty lucky today not bumping into any outrageous fans or having to sign anything. After waiting for about 15-20 minutes our pizzas arrived and we sat quietly together while we ate. Niall would glance up every now and again giving me a small smile while trying to cover the fact that he had a huge mouthful of Pizza.

Overall I think the date went pretty good. Niall had a wicked day and said that it was the best Pizza he had ever had. I don't think I've ever taken anyone on such a brilliant date before. We've just got back to the hotel so as the gentleman I am I kindly walked Niall to his door.

"You want to come in Haz?" Niall asked

"Not tonight Ni, but I will do this."

I leant forward cupping his cheek in my hand and placed my lips gently to his. I could still taste the pizza on his lips and it tastes fucking awesome. I opened my mouth allowing Niall's tongue to have a feel around discovering new crevasses. I then massaged his tongue with mine and deepened the kiss before pulling away making sure things don't get to heated to soon. We're still not official yet so I don't want anything to go too far.

"Tease!" Niall accused.

"You love it!" I simply winked and walked away to my own room.

I'm so glad today went well and nothing bad happened. I'm also thankful to all the fans that may have found out about this 'date' and decided to give us our privacy. The only thing I have left to figure out now is if we're ever going to become official!