Chapter 45

[Louis POV]

Today's the day I'm going to do it. I'm going to break things off with Eleanor today and I'm shitting myself. I don't have a single clue as to how she's going to react to this. I'm still sitting in bed wondering how I'm going to do it or what I'm going to say but I guess I should get up and sort myself out.  Before getting up I grabbed my phone off the side and quickly text Eleanor and asked her if she could meet me today, a fast reply said she was able to and to meet her at lunch time in our usual spot.

I jumped out of bed and made my way into the bathroom to take a shower. First I brushed my teeth and then done my usual morning wee before hoping inside the shower and turning the dial to get the temperature right. Of course nothing was going to go my way this morning and the shower was freezing making me yelp, then as I turned the dial the water scolded my skin. Eventually I got the stupid water to the right temperature and was able to quickly wash my hair and body before stepping back out the shower and wrapping a towel around my waist.

I headed back into my room and dropped the now wet towel to the floor as I hunted for a fresh pair of boxers in my room. Once I pulled on some clean boxers I grabbed some three quarter length jeans and a white shirt slipping them on too. Now I am dressed I check my phone and look at the time. I have half an hour before I need to meet Eleanor at the coffee shop and it's going to take me about 20 minutes to get there. Guess I'll have to wait to have something to eat. I grab my phone, keys and wallet then head out the door and jump into my car.

Driving at a good speed I manage to make it with 5 minutes to spare so I park up outside the coffee place and head inside getting in the cue for a coffee. Being the nice guy I am I bought Eleanor one as well then take a seat in one of the back booths so I'm not easily recognisable. Thankfully Eleanor is early as well and she's soon sitting opposite me in the booth.

"Hey babe, how are you?" She asks leaning over and pecking me on the lips.

"I'm good thanks, I got you a coffee." I tell her pushing her drink over her side of the table.

Eleanor take the coffee I brought her and blows on it before taking a small sip then placing it back down. I'm feeling really nervous about breaking up with her as we've been together for so long but I just don't care for her like I used to anymore.

"So why'd you ask me here today Lou?" She asks and I know now it's time to talk.

"Well I don't quite know how to say this El but I erm. I want to break up! It's nothing you've done or anything like that I just don't feel the same way no more. I'm so sorry and I hope we can still be friends." I say really quickly that I'm unsure if she heard it all.

"Oh well I was kind of expecting this conversation if I'm honest." She pouts and I look up from my coffee.

"You were?" I question her.

"Yeah. You've been acting really distant lately and not your normal self. It's ok though because I was feeling the same way. I love you and all but I'm not in love with you anymore. I to hope we can still be friends." Eleanor answered and I sat there shocked.

Wow she took that better than expected. I honestly thought after all the bad luck the bands been having lately that she was going to explode in my face and make a big scene. I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought I did.

"Thank you El. For being so understanding. And of course we will stay friends. You're awesome." I told her and we hugged over the top of the table.

Eleanor and I sat for a good hour just talking amongst ourselves about what we've been up to and she also asked how Niall and the other boys were which was nice of her. When we finished our coffee's I walked Eleanor to her car and said goodbye before heading off to my own car and hoping in the driver's seat. Before starting the engine I placed my hands on either side of my head and let out a sigh of relief that it had all gone well with Eleanor.

Once I had composed myself I started the engine and began driving in a direction I know I need to go. I am so nervous about doing this but it's a situation that needs talking about and needs addressing. When I pulled up outside his house I shut off the engine took in a deep breath before heading up to the door and knocking twice loudly. Here goes nothing!