Chapter 42

I woke up the next morning to a loud knocking on my door. I look over to the bedside table and grab my phone to check the time. 7. 30 Am. Who the hell is knocking on my door this early? Another knock on the door and I let out a huff and climb out of bed. I swing open my bedroom door and slowly make my way downstairs to the front door. When I reach the door I pull it open to see a sad/confused looking Zayn standing there with his leather jacket on and his hair a mess. This must be serious if he's hairs a mess.

"Dude what's up are you ok?" I ask trying not to let on that I already know why he looks like he does, it's obvious that this kiss between him and Louis has gotten to him as much as it's gotten to Louis.

"Can we talk? I need some advice!" he says in a low quiet tone and I nod stepping out the way so he can come inside.

Zayn walks through to the living room as I grab my hoddie off the banister as I'm currently only wearing my boxer shorts thanks to Zayn waking me up. I follow Zayn's footsteps into the living room and take a seat next to him on the sofa while rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"I'm sorry I woke you up didn't I?" Zayn lowers his head. "I just really need a friend right now!"

"What's up mate? What's happened?" I question him and he looks up meeting my gaze.

I know I already know what he's going to say but he doesn't know that I know so I'm going to let him tell me. I can see in Zayn's eyes that he's scared about telling me so I place a friendly hand on his knee to encourage him. Zayn takes a deep breath and then blurts out the information I already know.

"Louis kissed me!" is all he says and I give him a friendly smile. "You already know don't you?"

I nod my head and he lets out another sigh. I guess as Louis' best friend he kind of guessed that I was already going to know about this situation.

"I'm sorry Zayn. I didn't want you to feel bad that I already knew. Louis turned up here in a bit of a state after it happened." I explained and he nodded.

"Him and me both!" Zayn admitted and I nodded this time. "I don't even know how it happened. One minute we were playing play station the next we were rolling around on the floor and he kissed me. The thing that I don't understand is I actually kissed him back. I never thought I liked guys but now I'm so confused. Perrie and I only split a couple weeks ago and now I'm having these really confusing thoughts and feelings toward Louis!"

"Well I guess that's one thing that's kind of good is that you are having feelings toward him. It would be a bit hurtful on his side if you kissed him back and felt nothing!" I said and Zayn locked eyes with me again.

"Yeah I know what you mean. I just don't even know what to think. I need to speak to him but he freaked out and legged it. I don't know if he feels anything or if it was a spur of the moment thing. What did he say to you Haz?" Zayn asked and I sighed knowing I couldn't break my best friends trust.

"I'm sorry Z. I can't tell you what he told me like I wouldn't tell him what you've told me. I think the best thing for you guys to do would be to sit down together and talk." I explained and Zayn looked away.

"That's fair. Ok so erm this interview today, do you know what it's about?"

"I have no idea until we get there. But speaking of the interview we should get ready, do you need to do your hair or are you going to get Lou do it?" I asked him

"I'll let Lou do it. You go get ready I'll wait here." Zayn replied and I nodded getting up from the sofa and heading up stairs.

I jumped into the shower and washed as quickly as I could. I'd checked the time and saw we only had half hour until we were getting picked up so I had to hurry. After washing and towel drying I slipped into some fresh clothes and pulled a beanie on over my wet curls as there was no time to dry my hair. Jogging down the stairs I met Zayn in the living room who hadn't moved from the spot I left him in.

"Dude you can't be moping around like that. Put a smile on and get your ass in gear." I told him and he got up.

"You're right. I can't do anything about this until I speak to Louis, so until then I'm all smiles. "Zayn said placing an obviously fake but wide smile on his face.

"That's more like it!" I chuckled and grabbed my phone, keys and wallet just as a horn sounded outside. "That's them, let's go!"

Zayn followed behind me as we made our way out my house and into the waiting car with the other 3 boys in it. Niall greeted me with a small peck on the lips as the other boys just smiled and nodded in our direction. Today's going to be fun! With Liam still feeling uncomfortable around some of us and Louis and Zayn being awkward around each other you can just feel the tension.