Chapter 38

[Harry POV]

2 weeks later

Niall and I had to get up rather early this morning as today is his check-up for his burns on his back. I'd gotten up just a bit earlier than him just so I could make breakfast and take it to him in bed. I cooked up a nice little fry up consisting of bacon, eggs, sausages and some toast and carried it upstairs into my room where I'd left Niall sleeping.

"Ni babe, you gotta wake up. I made you breakfast." I spoke quietly into the room trying to wake him up.

I don't know if it was the word breakfast or the smell of the food itself but Niall's gorgeous blue eyes fluttered open as he yawned and stretched his arms out sitting up in bed.

"Thanks Haz, you didn't have to." Niall thanked me taking his plate of food off the tray and digging in.

While Niall sat and ate his food I left for the bathroom to brush my teeth and have a wee. After doing this I exited the bathroom and re-entered the bedroom to get dressed.

"I'm rather nervous about today!" Niall spoke placing his now empty plate on the bedside table.

"There's no need to be nervous babe, I've been cleaning your wounds the past 2 weeks and they've healed really well. They're barely even noticeable anymore." I told him truthfully as I pulled on some boxers and skinny jeans.          

"Yeah I guess." He sighed getting out of bed.

I pulled on a shirt and gave Niall a quick kiss before he headed into the bathroom to do his business before getting changed. Once he'd disappeared into the bathroom I grabbed his empty plate and carried it back downstairs setting it in the sink in the kitchen. It wasn't long before Niall joined me downstairs and we both slipped into our shoes and headed out the door jumping into my car.

It's been a mad couple weeks as we've had to take some time away from interviews and going out in general but hopefully after today's appointment everything will be fine and we can join the other boys with interviews and writing the new album. I started the car and drove us to the hospital in average time. Pulling up into the car park I shut off the engine and walked around to Niall's side taking his hand after he shut his door and I locked the car.

We walked into the hospital hand in hand seeing a couple of fans on the way, as everyone knew about the accident people were very careful around Niall because of his burns but they were also very nice to us and didn't crowd us too much and I am thankful for that.

When we reached the hospital doors security stopped the fans from coming inside and we headed for the reception desk. Niall told the receptionist his details and we were told to take a seat and wait to be called by the doctor.                                                                        

"You still nervous babe?" I asked Niall as I squeezed his hand in mine placing it in my lap.

"Yeah a little, I just want everything to be healed so I can get back to work and interacting with the fans." He sighed squeezing my hand back and I placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

We sat for about 10-15 minutes in the waiting room before we were called which I think is rather good considering normally in hospitals you can be waiting for hours sometimes. Niall got up keeping my hand in his and walked us into the doctor's room following behind the doctor himself. When we got inside I took a seat and Niall sat down next to me.

"Hello Mr. Horan, Mr. Styles. How are you both?" the doctor asked.

"Yeah good. Niall's a little nervous." I answered for both of us.

"Ah no need to be nervous Mr. Horan. Now obviously we all know that we are here today to check up on these burns of yours but from what's written down here in my notes it seems that the previous doctor you saw a week ago said everything was healing very well. Have you been applying the ointment daily?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah Harry does it for me." Niall answered and the doctor nodded.

"Ok well let's have a look see then and I'll be able to advise you on what you can do next."

Niall stood and released his hand from mine before lifting his shirt up and turning around so the doctor could see the very faint burn scars on his back. I watched as the doctor ran a finger over the scars then took some measurements.

"Ok Mr. Horan you may place your shirt back on and take a seat." he told Niall and then took a seat back at his desk.

Niall put his shirt back on as I watched the doctor write down some notes, I'm not worried though as he had a smile on his face.

"Ok Mr. Horan. Your burns have healed up extremely well. You won't have to put the ointment on everyday anymore maybe every couple of days until the soreness is completely gone but other than that you are now able to go back to your normal life." The doctor explained and Niall jumped on my lap in happiness.

"Thank you so much sir!" he practically shouted shaking the doctor's hand then placing a kiss on my lips.

After we both thanked the doctor and shook his hand we were able to leave with another prescription for some more ointment. Niall basically skipped the whole way to the car and jumped into the passenger side as I climbed into the driver's seat and started the engine. We drove back to mine picking up the ointment on the way.

Once home Niall ran happily into the kitchen and started rummaging through the cupboards for something to eat. I waited in the living room for him to coming running back in with bags of crisps in his hand jumping into my lap.

"Someone's hyper!" I accused.

"I can't help it. I'm so happy I'm able to go back to normal and get back to work. No offence and thank you so much for looking after me but I've been going mad being cooped up indoors." he laughed and I joined him

"Don't worry I understand. I'm glad we can get back to work too!" I said and he snuggled into my side.

Keeping Niall on my lap we both decided that today we would spend it at home cuddled up together in the warm while watching some films and eating crappy foods. Then tomorrow we can go back to our lives being pop stars and writing our music.

Thank you for all the great comments and votes cant believe we got 69 votes last chapter you guys are wicked !

Next chapter in 55votes 30 comments. Comments only count as one per person no spamming LOL you know who you are