Chapter 3 | Bad Boys Over Bad Guys

I changed into my work out clothes and tied a jacket by my waist. I decided to leave a note on the kitchen island for mom and Brianna.

Out for a run around the park. Call me if you need me - Blake

I put my earphones in and jog to the park, taking in the view of the houses and the street. I was so indulged in my surroundings and the music playing in my ears that I realized I was a bit ahead of where I had to turn. I decided to take the first right and then follow the road ahead.

I reached the park but realized I was at some other end of it so I started to run along it until I find a familiar spot.

I heard people yelling and whistling from afar. From the corner of my eyes I saw a few teenagers standing there.

They started to follow me so I quickened my pace. I saw two running next to me a few feet away and I turned to see three behind me.

They were catching up by now so I bolted as fast as I could behind a house and kept running while turning so they wouldn't see where I went.

I hid behind a shed of one of the houses as I watched the boys run forward looking for me. Thinking it was a good time to run back I turned around and realized I didn't know where to go. I looked at the empty street and pulled out my phone.

Just as I was about to call Brianna I heard someone behind me.

I turned around to see it was one of the boy who chased me.

"Alec, Jordan, I found her!" he yelled.

"Go away you douchebag" I said taking a few steps back.

"Why, hot stuff?" he smirked and eyed my body.

"Thanks for finding little red," another boy came from my left. I threw them a disgusted look but it had no effect.

They started to move closer to me so I ran again trying to outrun them but two of the boys grabbed my hand quickly.

"Where do you think you're going little red?" One of them tighten his grip on me but I kept struggling.

I managed to kick one hard in the stomach and he let go but the other guy didn't let go of me and pulled me towards his chest. He held onto both of my hands tight. The only thing between us.

"Shhh...we just wanna play with you, little red." he looked at my lips and bit his lip.

I quickly bit his hand forcing him to let go but another boy came from behind me and held onto my waist while another took hold of my hands.

I kept kicking and screaming for help but nobody came to help and then one of them slapped my face hard and covered my mouth with his hand.

"Austin get the car now!" he yelled to one of the boys while I kept struggling.

A car pulled up within seconds and they started to shove me there. They nearly sat me in their car when I jumped out on the sidewalk but they drag me.

Suddenly I heard another car stop towards us.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing!" a familiar voice said.

My face was pressed on the sidewalk as someone pulled me down. "HELP! HELP ME!" I managed to scream before my body felt numb.

The boy holding me down got up and I heard punching sounds. The boys stopped fighting and then after exchanging dialogue they drove away.

"Hey, are you okay?" someone pulled up for the ground. Holding onto me gently. I opened my eyes to see Luke. He had blood on his face.

"I'm fine...I think." My body felt numb but a pain travelled through me. I rubbed random parts hoping it would ease the pain that was sinking in.