Chapter 9 | Third-wheeling

Monday's routine was the same as any other day. I wore my glasses since mom still wasn't okay with lenses. I wore a peach crop top under my leather jacket and paired it with black skinny jeans and peach colored converse. I brushed my straight hair onto the side and I was ready.

We heard an announcement saying homecoming was on Friday next week. The theme still had to be decided.

It was lunchtime now and I bought a sandwich and a coke can. Everyone was on our table making small talk while eating. I sat next Brianna and opposite Bellamy.

"So has anyone asked you yet?" Brianna whispers into my ear.

"Ask me what?" I answered blankly.

"You know, to homecoming." Her whisper voice was gone and Luke and Bellamy tuned into our conversation now.

"A few did but I turned them down. I'm not in the mood for it." I rolled my eyes and took a bite out of my sandwich.

"What do you mean? You have to go! I'm not taking no for an answer! I've already nominated you for homecoming queen." She scolded and I chuckled at her tone.

"Well I don't know." I shrugged.

"Attention everyone! Silence!" A random guy wearing a varsity jacket literally screamed the last word and everyone froze looking at him. He stood on the table in front of us.

"Gwyneth Richard, will you go to homecoming with me?" he said staring in the direction of a group of cheerleaders.

Well that was sudden.

Everyone turned to the girl he mentioned, waiting for her reaction. He walked up to her and she jumped onto him screaming "yes". I rolled my eyes at them turning back to our table. Bellamy smirked at my reaction and took a bite out of my sandwich.

"What?" I said with a mouth full and then came his hand that grabbed my sandwich mercilessly. "Hey! That's mine, get your own."

I slapped his hand but he didn't drop it. He took another bite and then gave it to me. I rolled my eyes at him and pushed his hand back to him.

"Take it." I muttered and inspected the table for some untouched food. I ended up eating all the chicken pieces in Brianna's salad as I glared at Bellamy.

"You're going to homecoming missy and you're going to go with a jock." Brianna ordered.

"What if I want to go with a geek or nerd?" Everyone laughed at what I said but I remained serious.

"You're not that cliche Blake." Brianna said flipping her hair behind her ear.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I asked feeling slightly offended.

"Bad girls don't do good boys." Bellamy answered.

I laughed at that, it was the only fitting reaction anyways. My lips twisted into a smirk as I thought of something. "You're right, they make them."

The dismissal bell rang and I walked to my locker, Brianna was already there with Eliza.

"Angels and Demons? Who came up with that?" Eliza said in shock.

I continued listening to their conversation as I got my books and packed my backpack.

"I don't know, probably Mandy. She's trying to so hard to keep her friends. I slightly feel sorry for her," said Brianna. "But anyways, thought of what you'll be yet?"

"Well, I'll be dressed as a demon!" I said facing the two of them.

"You already are one considering the five jocks you turned down. Honestly guys who aren't jocks are too scared to ask you out now." Eliza says as we walk to the parking lot.