Chapter 46 | Lights, Camera & Action!

I somehow managed to control myself whenever Mandy would sit with us or hang around with us but when she showed up at night two weeks later at my house, I wasn't so sure I could control myself anymore. The girl had to give up. Whatever she was doing with us had to stop.

Brianna smiled at her as Mandy sat in the living room, mom came in and greeted her too. Something was off about the Queen bitch and I wondered if this was some sick game of hers.

"You have five minutes to explain why you're here but I'm sure I'll kick you out anyways." I said when Brianna and mom walked into the kitchen for a brief moment.

"I don't have to explain anything to you." She simply said.

"You do, this is my house and I hate you. I need to know why you're here." I said.

Brianna came back and steered me away from Mandy, bringing me to the hallway. Her hands rested on my shoulders as she looked at me.

"Look, I know she's not the nicest person around." I scoffed at Brianna. "But," She emphasized, "She's going through a little problem at home and we're all she has. I'm sure we can put our differences aside and do the right thing."

"How do you know she's not lying?" I asked my sister.

"Because I heard it once. It freaked the hell out of me and you know what? She was scared that I heard her. I should've done something before but I was ignorant and I believed her lies." She closed her eyes and sucked in a breath, realizing it a second later. "Eliza and I shared a cabin with her and we caught her covering up some marks one time. She can kill me in my sleep for all I care but I won't let her go back there."

"You don't have to do this Brianna." Mandy said as she stepped out from the corner and neared us. "Mom and I can handle it. We avoid him when he's drunk." She said.

"You can stay here," I finally broke my silence. "With your mom and I'm sure we can help with you with a lawyer too."

"There's no need for that." Mandy said, defensively. "At least not when he's paying for my education and more than half the bills."

"What? No way!" I exclaimed. "I'm sure you guys can do something else. We can stay here and your mom can get a better job. You can't forgive him because he's paying for you."

"But I'm not forgiving him, Blake." Mandy briefly shut her eyes before opening them to look at me again. Somehow she didn't radiate those bad vibes like she usually did, nor was she glaring at me. "It's my life, I know what's right and if you really want to help, you need to help me keep Trisha's mouth shut."

I was a little taken back by that. Did the Queen bitch just ask for my help? "What did they do?" I found myself asking. Even Brianna gave me a look, probably wondering why I wasn't swearing at her ex-best friend right now.

"I can't have her telling the entire school that I get beaten up by some shit. Heck, she's going to pull the abused card on me and I can't have that." And that was how Mandy returned to her normal self, only her anger wasn't directed towards me.

"Hasn't anyone ever seen the marks?" I asked.

She gave me a once over and then she made a pathetic attempt to cover her laugh. Bitch.

"I know how to use make up. Now are you in or not?" She asked.

I scoffed at her and simply flicked my hair back. "Your fake friends will help you do that. Good luck." I said and walked away.

My phone beeped from my dresser as I walked into my room. A small smile made its way to my lips as I read Keith's name.