Chapter 19 | From The Window, To The Bed

"Breakfast is ready!" mom called from the stairs as everyone showered and sat by the kitchen island.

"You make the best pancakes" Luke said munching down two at a time.

Me and Chris dipped ours in maple syrup while Harry at out of the Nutella jar Eliza hogged for ten minutes. Brianna put a mixture of maple syrup, whipped cream and Nutella on hers just like usual.

"Mommy dearest, I have to go to an audition today, it's a ballet musical" I said grinning like a two year old. "That's great sweety," mom replied and my grin slowly faded away.

"Chazelle said I'll make the lead and I think I can sing well enough to have a chance at getting the part. It's in the city...I was hoping you would drive me there" at this point I played with my mom while looking at her face for a reaction. She didn't seem to care, but maybe I was wrong.

"We can go tomorrow," she said scrolling through her phone while plating the last pancake.

"Auditions end today at 8" I said quickly.

"I can't take you today Blake, I have work. I have to help out at the clinic today. Brianna can take you." she said with the slightest bit of emotion.

If this were dad, he would've cancelled everything and would help me prepare. When it came to ballet, my dad was as passionate about it as me. He enrolled me into a ballet academy for a year until I discovered that NYU is where I want to go. I missed an entire school year for ballet but it didn't effect me. I knew I needed good grades to get into NYU. I kept a balance between the two so I could perfect them both but my dad was the real support and encourage I had. He kept me in check and was there through everything. I owe him everything.

"Blake?" Brianna said poking me. "Yeah, what?" I said snapping out of my thoughts.

"Where and when do we go?" Brianna said. I looked around the kitchen and didn't see mom there.

"The Grande Theatre in the city. Where's mom?"

"She just left. We're you that lost in your thoughts" she chuckled. I frowned. I was disappointed in my mother or maybe I expected too much out of her.

"We'll leave at 1. I'm going to my room," I said looking down at my plate that was still full of pancakes. I lost my appetite.

For a while I just cried into my pillow. The fact that dads gone and mom doesn't want to be here pretty much sucked but then I realized my dad wouldn't want me to feel let down by these things so I wiped away my tears, put on calming piano music and practiced for a while.

Chazelle said that if you want to impress people, make sure you wear your best tutu. Well maybe she was joking but I didn't care. I took out my glittery pink one and matched it with the rest of my things. I packed a bag and headed downstairs.

...

"Okay, good luck and don't freak out okay! You can do this! I know you can! You were born for this! You-"

"Brianna shut up and get out of the car. I'm not nervous okay. Don't mess with my head."

...

"You're in! We found our girl!" one of the judges said right after my audition. I could hear the other girls gasping backstage. I huge grin spread on my face. Brianna jumped up and down from her seat squealing.

"I'm Fred, I'm managing everything here. Someone give her the script!" he yelled the last part making me jolt a bit but the others stayed calm. I guess this was normal.

"I'm Blake." I said walking towards Fred. He handed me the script and briefed me all about it. The show was next Saturday which meant I only had one weekend to give it my all. This is definitely be tough.