Chapter 20 | Mama's Girl

"We're on in thirty minutes everyone!" Fred shouted at everyone in the dressing room.

I hadn't changed yet, or did I get my make up or hair done. I felt too nervous to do anything.

"Blake! Get dressed now!" he yelled.

"Okay, in five minutes." I replied.

We walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders. "Shake the jitters" he said shaking me. I was horrified. He then left, probably to boss more people around.

I went in the hallway and took deep breaths. My mind was still spiraling. Images of dad cheering from the crowd, shouting "that's my baby" while I performed and smiling at me without my dance recitals played in my head. He won't do that anymore. Mom still hadn't showed up although she promised at she would. I looked down at my hands. They were shaking uncontrollably and that when I felt my lips quiver and tears falling down my eyes like it was a waterfall.

"I knew you would do this," a husky voice said. I saw two feet in front of mine and I wiped my tears looking up. Bellamy Davis.

"I was going to give you these afterwards but I think you need them right now," he handed me a bouquet of red roses. My hands still shook as I took then. A smile escaping my lips.

"What if I screw up?" I said trying to calm myself down.

He cupped my cheeks forcing me to look into his eyes. "You won't, you don't know how to screw up."

I chuckled at his response and he pulled me in for a hug.

"Jane, shake those thoughts away. What did I tell you, your father with always be with you. In your heart."

"I hate it when I'm like this," I said and laughing. "You're pretty sentimental for a bad boy."

"Says the girl who cries and laughs at the same time."

I grinned at his words and pinched his cheeks. The bouquet of roses held by our chests pressed together.

"I hope I'm not ruining a moment," Chazelle said coming out of the dressing room.

"No, you're not." I smiled at her and took hold of the bouquet.

"Okay, then you need to get changed girl!" she said in a stern voice.

I nodded and parted ways with Bellamy but before he turned the corner I shouted one last thing to him, "I like white roses."

He nodded and turned away.

I changed and the stylist did her magic on me. "Remember everyone, if we nail this, we'll perform in other place and get more projects! So no pressure!" Fred said as everyone huddled up.

The audience applauded and stood from their seats, even the big shots that came to watch

The audience applauded and stood from their seats, even the big shots that came to watch. All of us took a bow in synchronization and hugged one another. The stuck up John didn't, why would he anyway?