Chapter 5 | Who Kissed You?

"How was the first day of school girls?" mom sat I'm the living room switching through channels.

I sat beside her leaning on her right. "It was great actually. Credit goes to Brianna though!" I gave her a flying kiss as she jumped on the empty space on the left side of mom.

Mom ran her hands through both of our hair. "Well I'm glad you two are happy." She gently kissed our foreheads and went to make dinner.

As we munched down on our food, we discussed our day in great detailed.

"Blake, I found a ballet studio near the town hall. It looks amazing and they're a bit picky but I'm sure they'll select you. Why don't you drop by tomorrow after school?"

"Mom you didn't have to but I won't let you down. I'll go there" I nodded excitedly.

My love for ballet started in the first grade when everyone mocked me because I had a "boy name". I cried on the drive home while Dad tried to console me. Then the very next day he brought me to a ballet studio was kids and bought me a glittery pink tutu which I still have safe. After that I would dance at school too to show everyone how girly I was. But then I started caring less of what people had to say but my love for ballet never ended.

"Does that mean you're applying to NYU?" Brianna asked seeing the huge smile on my face.

"You bet I will! I've dreamed of going there. My feet are badly bruised because of ballet but I shake off the pain thinking its the little sacrifice I'll have to make to achieve my dream" I looked up to see Brianna and Mom showing me the biggest smile that could be plastered to their face. My pulled me I'm for a tight hug.

"Well you're going to get in easily" mom said turning to the counter behind her.

"I made your favorite for dessert" she turned around with a tray of chocolate muffins topped with chocolate syrup and chocolate chips.

"Yay!" me and Brianna both jumped off our seats and picked up a muffin in each hand and gulped it down.

Needless to say I had a pleasant sleep.

Brianna, my alarm woke me up again. I felt excited today because ill be going for ballet after school. I put on a pair of white shorts over a loose black shirt wearing black sandals that strapped around the mid of my legs. Gladiator style.

I took out my tutu, leotard and leggings from my closet. I carefully slide them into another bag and I headed downstairs. We usually wore skirts at ballet lessons but this was advance level and I didn't really care if I had to wear a tutu or not. I just want to dance.

Brianna was in her cheerleader uniform eating breakfast. "You look great" I smiled at her then gulped down some coffee and left over muffins from last night. Her uniform was a dark shade of red with white outlines. It had Ridley High's logo in the front. Her blonde hair pulled off the look beautifully.

Mom dropped us off today since Brianna had cheer leading practice after school and I had to go for Ballet.

I was so excited the entire day that I completely zoned out in have of my classes and the teachers kept snapping me out of my thoughts.

Last period was chemistry with Bellamy. We made our way to lab and found an empty table near the window.

"Ouch!" I yelled as Bellamy threw an eraser at the side of my face. I glared at him as he laughed at me. "What's up with you? You've been zoning out the entire day. Did someone have their first kiss?" he pouted his lips and made kissy sounds. Luckily the class as loud enough to not notice this.

"Jane? Snap out of it" he snapped his fingers in front of my face. I blinked and turned to him. "Stop calling me Jane! My names Blake" I said in an annoyed tone.

"Only if you tell me why we're so lost. Who kissed you?" he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Nobody kissed me idiot! I'm joining a ballet studio today and mom said its a really good. This raises my chances of getting into NYU since this studio is really competitive." He looked at me with a blank expression and smirked.

"And you tell me to call you Blake." He rolled his eyes at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I lightly slapped his arm.

"Well it suits you if you're not wearing a tutu but I'd still like you see you in one." He smirked and winked at me.

"Bellamy, Blake, it's better if you focus on the chemistry I'm talking about rather than yours." Mr.Henshaw stared at both of us then tapped the white board.

We didn't talk for the rest of the period.

I sat in the football field watching Brianna and Bellamy do their own things while I waited for mom to pick me up. Ten minutes later I got a text.

Mom: I have to help deliver a child. I can't make it sorry. Can someone else drop you to the dance studio?

I sighed. Everyone was busy with their practices.

Me: Sure no problem

I immediately regretted texting that since I realized this wasn't an okay place to walk around alone. Nevertheless I walked towards the schools exit as my head hung down.

"What's wrong? I thought you were excited for ballet" Bellamy turned me around and looked into my eyes.

"I don't have a ride so..." I trailed off biting my lip.

"Well I'll drop you off. It's near the town hall right?" I shook my head and then realized what just said.

"Oh you don't have to. You have practice anyways. I don't wanna ruin this for." I tried to push him towards the field but he wouldn't budge.

"It's totally okay for me. Coach can't find a replacement for me and it won't take that long either." And as he finished his sentence, he took my hand and headed for his car.

I sat in the comfortable leather interior. This car smelled nice. I looked at him as he pulled out of the parking lot "thank you Bellamy." I smiled at him. "You're welcome Jane." And I rolled my eyes at him. He's I'd really annoying.

"I'll text you what time to pick me up" I took my bag which had my clothes and left the other one in his car since he offered to drop me home too. I jumped out of the car and he waved.

"Bye Jane, have fun kiddo!" I rolled my eyes and entered the building.