Chapter 37 | Her Shadow

Bellamy's POV:

"I have my gun and you have yours. Now we just need to give the girls something so they can protect themselves if they have to." I told Keith.

He ran a hand over his face and exhaled deeply. "We can't. Natasha can't be trusted with knives. What if she's triggered?" his voice was a low rumble.

We didn't have a plan and we didn't know anything either. My mind went back to this morning when I woke up beside Jane. I was gently stroking her back when she started to mumble again in her sleep. She turned and rested her side on me and that's when I noticed a crumbled up paper in her pocket. I didn't see it there before and I was practically boiling with jealousy as I took it from her pocket. I was expecting it to have some fuckers phone number but all it said was I'll see you soon and it made sense because Jane changed into them in the car, after the party. I thought of all the ways it could've gotten there but it didn't make sense. Until I thought about the strange guy at the shop we were at. I focused on the memory of him and then it snapped. I never forgot a face and definitely not of the people who tortured my friends and girlfriend. Everything made sense, not complete but enough for me to draw a picture. I wanted to wake Jane but she started mumbling things in her sleep again and I noticed a little sweat on her forehead. I wiped it off and she uncomfortably shifted in her bed. Then I heard the clicking of heels from the hallway...

I snapped out of my daze when I heard Natasha's footsteps again. She was slowly pacing across the length of the house. Her fingers drumming against her thigh.

Keith clearly told Natasha and Jane about everything that was happening and could happen. I wasn't worried about Natasha that much. Keith still treats her like a child but I know she's much more stronger now.

"Nat, come here. Sit down. You've been walking for hours now." Keith said. She stopped abruptly and stared at her brother. "I'm trying to figure out why Leon is here." She said sternly before walking again.

I stood up and headed towards Jane. It's been four hours since we escaped Leon and three hours since Jane leaned against the window where we sat a few days ago. She was merely a shadow of herself and it felt like someone was driving a knife through my chest.

Her knees were slightly bent as she stood against the window. Her right arm was squished between her body and the window. Her head tilted towards it. Her left hand played with her necklace, a habit she had since I clasped it around her neck one amazing night.

"Jane?" I tried to get her attention but just like my attempt five minutes ago, she ignored me. "Baby, sit down. You've been in this position for hours." I said but she didn't move.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her from the back. I pulled her towards me so she could loosen her body. Her warmth always made me feel better. I buried my face in the crook of her neck but not before I saw beautiful face. Her once bright blue eyes were as dull as they could ever be and I cursed at myself for not being of any help.

I kissed her neck. The same spot I left a hickey. I could feel her shiver against my body and her skin tingle wherever I touched. It felt good to know that I wasn't the only one feeing all these things. She slowly leaned her head against mine and I felt a little better.

She never stayed quiet for this long. She stopped talking in the car and stopped responding when we came here. She's not even crying, I hate seeing her cry but at least she shows some kind of emotion rather than being emotionless.

"Blake," I said softly. I heard her lightly hum. "Tell me what you're feeling." I said.

"Bellamy, I think it's my fault Natasha was raped." She said in the slowest and softest tone. I was about to stop her but she beat me to it as she continued. "If I didn't get involved with Keith, this wouldn't have happened to her."