Chapter 33 | Girls Chase Boys Chase Girls

I ran towards everyone who sat in the living room. "I'm going after Bellamy." I said as I rushed towards my purse which had my car keys. In my hast I bumped into things and my hands were visibly shaking. "What happened?" Brianna asked. I ran to the front screaming "I kissed him,".

Luckily I saw his car drive down the street when I ran towards my car. I nearly slipped on the ice but I gripped onto my car for support. I drove like a maniac to catch up with him. I didn't know where he was driving to but I wasn't going to let him get away. Ain't everyone decided to spend the day together I knew he didn't have somewhere to be.

I licked my lips and wished his were on mine once again. The taste of his lips took me to another world and I wished he hadn't ran away. I wished he stayed and kissed me harder and deepened it.

I wanted to close my eyes to savour the moment but I couldn't because of the speed and since I was driving right behind him, any mistake could cause an accident.

My phone rang and I wasn't surprised to see his name on the caller ID. I turned it to the speakerphone.

"What are you doing?" he asked. I could feel the annoyance in his tone but I wasn't going to do this over the phone, no.

"Just taking a drive, you?" I asked.

"Blake, this isn't a time for jokes. Go home." He said.

"I thought I told you not to call me that again." I said. "And it's a free country Bel, I'm taking a drive in my own car, I'll go wherever I please." I added.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked. "Why are you running away?" I countered. I heard him sigh. "We shouldn't be kissing each other. When we didn't do it that other day it clearly meant that it should never happen again." He said.

I rolled my eyes and wish he saw that. "It also meant that we could try things out because obviously, something made us do that."

"Something stupid that shouldn't be there. Now stop chasing after me." He said rudely. I brushed off the slight anger I felt.

"Oh, but I love the chase." I said before hugging up.

Three hours of going in circles around the town was plain torture. I was running extremely low on gas and I could tell we were on the outskirts of town. I was being as persistent as Bellamy but I wasn't ready to stop yet. I was craving his touch in all the right places while that idiot tried his hardest to distance himself from me.

I phoned Bellamy and he immediately picked up.

"I like having the last word but I'm really low on gas." I said.

"Then maybe you should pull up by that gas station." He referred to the one in the distance.

"If you will then I will otherwise you'll just have to tow my car or something. You could abandon me here in this lonely place in the dark cold night." I tried to sound dramatic because I knew it would get to him.

"You can handle yourself." He said.

I gritted my teeth together.

"I wished you thought about that before you admitted to being overprotective of me. Why did you say and do all those thing when you knew I could take care of myself?" I asked him.

He hung up on me and I frowned. Just a little because he started to slow down near the gas station. I smiled as I parked by one of the meter, behind his car. I waited until he was out of his car and near the machines to turn the engine off.

When I got out he already started to refuel both our cars.

"If you just tell me why we can't be together I'll stop." I said defeated. He still ignored me. I let out a string of curse words before kicking the side of his car.