Chapter 45 | Reality

Song: Baby, I'm Yours

Artist: Artic Monkeys

Bellamy's POV

"Shit," I muttered when my head spun a little. I turned around and looked at the house, more specially at Jane's window.

"Why the fuck did I leave?" I muttered to myself.

I couldn't go back inside now. The damage was done. I screwed up.

I should've sat on the curb and downed in my sorrows but I remembered I had some business. Fuck, now I'd always have some job to do. I sighed and called Kyle. He said he'd be here in ten minutes.

So I ended up sitting on the curb after all. I pulled out a cigarette from my jacket and lit it up. I took a drag and felt just a tad bit okay.

When I put my lighter back inside my pocket I felt a paper against my hand. The shit that got me into a fight with my girl.

I should've known better than to snoop around, then again I was just trying find the real Jane. The girl she was before her life turned upside down.

I found myself unfolding the paper and my eyes immediately found the word bipolar. Her dad had mention she had a bipolar disorder since long. My heart ached for her, more than the fucking headache I had because of the fever.

I threw my jacket off and welcomed the cold air that blew against my skin.

I certainly was invading her parents privacy by that the letter but I only did it because I read Jane's name on it and then something else caught my attention in that letter. Her dad mentioned that he was threatened a few times for his wealth. Someone wanted their money and he was set to move to New York with Jane once she graduated high school. But he wasn't going to live that long to make sure she was safe. And her somewhat careless mother probably didn't even bother to consider this.

I ran a hand over my face in exasperation. I hadn't sleep in a week and I knew I couldn't without Jane. I had to make it up to her.

I stared at the paper blankly for while and then a thought occurred to me. Trace could be linked to the person her dad was talking about. Fuck, it made so much more sense.

My mind went back to four days ago when I encountered Trace when I was out checking on a deal for my father. I didn't know who he was until he introduced himself. The bastard was taking some goods from the same guy who had to deliver ours. One thing I was certain about was that he didn't belong in high school. The guy was clearly too old for it, so was he there to keep an eye on her?

I fished out my lighter again and stared at the burning flame before bringing iy to the edge of the letter that was in my other hand. As I watched it turn to ashes,I knew it was the right thing to do. Jane didn't need to read this.

I stood up when I heard a car slowly coming my way. I stepped on my third cigarette and the door of his car.

"Hey," I greeted him as I got comfortable on the passenger seat. He nodded his head in greeting but raised his eyebrows when he looked at me.

"You look like shit," He told me.

I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders. "I'm involved in a lot of shit too. Shouldn't surprise you."

He nodded his head and drove off. I didn't need to ask him where because I knew he was taking me to a small gang in our town that were meddling with some of our business.

"Is it true you're a part of your father's gang now?" He casually asked.

"Wasn't it official after my first kill?"