Chapter 15 | Friday Night Highs

"We're losing! I'm taking this off, its all because of me" I blabber walking over to Luke since its halftime. Eastwood High is winning by twenty points.

"Stop being superstitious and keep that thing on, you look sexy as f*ck" Luke says winking at me. I'm wearing a short tight black dress with heels and I'm wearing Luke's jersey over it making me look super weird but I don't care since I'm waiting for the party we have to go to afterwards.

He pulls me in for a hug and let's go. Our foreheads touch as we stand next to the benches of our gym. "We will win" Luke whispers staring into my eyes. I laugh and move back, "We're not a couple Skywalker but you need to win and break the curse." He smiles brightly at me then heads back to his team.

I head back to the bleachers and to my surprise Bellamy sits there with Chris and Eliza. We lock eyes for a moment before I look away. I have no other choice but to sit with him.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" He said nudging my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at him "what makes you think that?" I said avoiding his gaze.

"You're not looking at me."

"Because I'm watching the game" I said in a duh tone.

"Nobody's playing." he shook his head and gave me a weird look. I bit my lip trying not to look embarrassed.

"I just don't feel like talking to you. I feel bad the slave thing," I shrugged and sort of lied. I loved watching him do things for me last weekend. Since Monday I've been avoiding him. I even bunked chemistry because he was my partner.

"I don't mind...it was fun hanging out with you, you know" he gave me a short smile as the game started again.

I honestly felt like a kid who wasn't letting it go so I shook those feelings off and started talking to him again. It felt awkward at first but by the end of the game we were imitating our cheerleaders really badly standing on the bleachers. We even created a horribly funny routine for Luke and Harry.

Brianna glared at us but we shrugged it off. She tried to get Chris to stop us but he ended up joining us when we started to diss the players from the bleachers. I'm pretty sure we were on everyone's Snapchat.

...

"A party is definitely a better way to celebrate than going to the diner for milkshakes" I said whilst sipping my birthday cake flavored milkshake sitting in the passenger seat of Luke's car.

"The real things tomorrow. Tyler throws great parties" Bellamy shouts from the back seat.

"You two need to stop shouting but that cheer," Luke turns to me with a smirk. I laugh remembering what we did.

...

"Is there any room for the three of us?" I said as we walked inside the house. There were all types of people. Young, old, hot, not-so-hot, naked, not-so-naked and lots and lots of people in generally. Bellamy led the way as we pushed through the crowd.

A girl walked into like she was blind. Luke took a hold of my waist so I don't fall. I look up and I clearly lost Bellamy. I turn around to see Luke being lustfully stared at by a group of girls. He smiles at me and then leads the way. The music was so loud that I could feel my organs vibrate to the beat.

We walked to the kitchen according to Brianna's plan but none of our friends were there. I looked at the counter and saw cups feelings with alcohol. I passed one to Luke and took one for myself. I took a few sips to realize it definitely wasn't beer. It was something way stronger that burnt my throat but I still drank it.

We walked to a room slightly crowded room. Bellamy sat in the corner with a few other guys smoking. "Hey, Chris is calling I'm going down the hall where it's a bit quieter. Stay here," he said and I nodded. I walked to a corner and observed the people around me. Bodies were grinding against one another as people danced in the dim lighting of the house and I don't even want to describe what else was going on.