Chapter 40 | The Right Guy

"Princess, princess! Come on, princess!" Keith poked me for the thirtieth time in ten seconds.

"Stop it!" I yelled at him frustratedly.

"You can't be made at me for telling on you. You knew those cookies weren't meant for you or anyone of us." He said.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well I'm sorry that I couldn't walk up to your front door and sing off-key Christmas carols." I shoved my finger at his chest.

"Come on, princess. You would've gotten some after dinner."

"Stop calling me princess and no, I wanted them then." I said.

My phone buzzed and I checked to see it was a message from Brianna saying she and mom be late. I read it out loud so Keith would know too.

Yesterday, I stayed at his house while everyone returned to their homes. Since everyone was so tired they felt it convenient to leave me here since I have to be carried around. Hopefully I'll get an electronic wheelchair which may be more embarrassing but at least I can move around more easily.

"Should I change your bandages?" he asked. "Princess," he drawled.

I would've punched him if I had the energy but I chose to ignore him once again.

"Remember I told you there was a surprise for you. A secret I was keeping," I rolled my eyes as he started this again. Keith was such an attention seeker. "If you talk to me again then I'll tell you what it is."

He got my attention.

"What is it?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow at him. The corners of his lips quirked up as his strategy worked.

"Oh, so now you're interested?" he asked. "Of course, I am." I stated.

"Let's change your bandages first." He said as he reached over for the first aid box.

"No! That's my mom and sisters job." I told him.

My body was in really bad conditions. I saw the bruises and scratches and it horrifed me. I couldn't let anyone else see it. I didn't let Bellamy see it either even though he was curious to know why it took ages to clean and change my bandages. I couldn't make them feel more bad for me or disgusted by how my body looked.

"They're going to be late and what if you get infected?" he argued. I rolled eyes at him.

"Nothings going to happen in a few hours." I said.

"Well nobody changed them last night which means you've had the same damn thing wrapped around you for at least a day now. If you asked me, I think somethings already starting to happen." He said.

That did get me scared because my bandages did feel damp. "Fuck you." I muttered under my bed. He heard me though and grinned. I glared at him as he came closer to me and took out the ointments and other things.

"I don't think you should do this. You already give me weird looks when I helpless and this will make you feel worse." I tried one last time.

"I don't care about how you look, princess. As long as you're alright, that's all that matters." He said as he looked at me in the eyes. He helped me into a sitting position and then started.

His hands traveled to the hem of my shirt and I couldn't feel more nervous. He raised my shirt up and slowly all the damage was being exposed. He stopped till my breast and thats where I held onto my shirt awkwardly as my other hand that was in a cast restricted many movements.

He started off with the tiny cuts and I noticed how his eyebrows creased as he concentrated.

"You can stop if it's too much." I suggested as the stinging started.