Chapter 24 | What Happens Now

"Good morning girls," moms sweet loud voice echoed across the bedroom. I stretched and rubbed my eyes. I didn't know when I fell asleep but it was pretty late.

"The last time I saw you two like this was when you were five. You two would occasionally share beds. Mostly when you would get scared." She smiled while pointing at least. I furrowed my brows and looked at Brianna.

"Scaredy cat," she pulled her tongue out at me and I shoved her back. "Mom! Why would I be scared?" I hugged her while she fiddled with things around Brianna's room. She had a bit of an OCD.

"It's okay to admit it honey. You still sleep with the lights on." She ruffled my hair playfully. I sighed.

"Turning the fairy lights on around my bed is aesthetically pleasing." I pointed out.

"In other words, you can't sleep with the lights off." Brianna said.

"That's not true." I muttered while folding my arms. I took a look at myself in the mirror and I looked awful. My eyes where near bloodshot and my shirt was crunched up under my sweater. My jeans uncomfortably clung to my legs and I couldn't wait to take a bath.

"If you don't want to be late then I suggest you girls get ready. You've already slept in." Mom told us while heading towards the door. I gave her a kiss on the cheek while I headed to my room.

When mom was out of the driveway I told Brianna that I'll drive to school later. I really wanted to bathe for a bit to relax. She offered to stay and sleep but I forced her to leave.

I got out of the bath when my skin was on the verge of wrinkling. I put on a comfortable outfit. Sweatpants tucked inside black combat boots and my leather jacket over a sweater.

When I parked my car I found Bellamy and Luke smoking near their cars. They waved at me when I passed by and I slightly shivered out of nervousness. I was so caught up with yesterday's conversion with Brianna that I forgot about Luke. When I got out of my car the two boys stared me down until they both smiled. I smiled back weirdly because of their behavior.

Bellamy wore a white shirt, black flannel and his leather jacket. I noticed him wearing combat boots too under his black jeans. But his bad boy look was practically erased when I saw the beanie on his head. He looked absolutely adorable and I cooed at him while I reached out to punch his cheeks.

"It'll look better on you," he said. He took off the beanie and I frowned as he out it on my head. He fixed the hair that framed my face and I couldn't help but hold back a blush when I noticed his grin throughout the process.

"Doesn't she look better? I don't know what you're dressed as but I just made you look a whole lot better," Bellamy grinned proudly as he looked at me and Luke. "Thanks," I rolled my eyes at Bellamy.

I turned to Luke who was in his usual attire. A dark colored jacket that was zipped all the way up. He wore dark blue jeans and black converse.

"Hey," I slightly waved at Luke. He gave me a small smile. "Hi," he said. We stood there for a while not knowing exactly what to do.

"Can I have a minute alone with her?" he asked Bellamy who nodded whilst lighting a cigarette. Once he was out of earshot Luke turned to me.

"Again, I'm sorry about yesterday." He started. "You told me you weren't ready yet I went too far later and I screwed it up. I promise it-"

"Won't happen again," I sighed. "I know. Lets just forget what happened."

"You're giving me a second chance?" his eyes slightly widening.

"Yes because the look on your face makes it obvious that my sister threatened you real good. I believe you wouldn't want to get on her bad side." I stated.