Chapter 27 | I Spy

I never thought I would be spying on my parent but then again I was dressed in black as equally as Brianna.

"Black hoodies, black sunglasses and black snapbacks..." Brianna announced as we sat in the car.

I found myself answering with a "check" after every item that she listed. Finally, after ten minutes we drove to the hospital where mom was supposed to leave according to her actual schedule.

"So other than being the man that sort of ruin our lives-" I was interrupted by Brianna.

"Sort of?" she repeated as she narrowed her eyes at me for a short glare before fixating her eyes back on the doors.

I cleared my throat. There was no point in lying so I went with the truth and hoped Brianna wouldn't be offended.

"Well, I never felt like I missed something when I was living with dad. He was my world and I don't remember craving a mother or sister. I'm sorry but I guess he gave it his all to keep me happy." I explained.

She react, not physically. "I wish I knew him, I swear mom wasn't always like this. I just, I did feel incomplete and I wished forms perfect family almost all the time." She said.

I squeezed her hand and gave her s kiss on my cheek. "I have to take more advantage of this. You'd do anything for your baby sister, right?" I laughed as she pushed me away.

"You're hella annoying," she told me.

"There!" Brianna pointed to the door before reaching for something. I saw mom walk out of the hospital doors. We had for wait for here to get her car and spot her again. It was probably the hardest part because of the traffic nearby.

Brianna fished outta pair of binoculars. "You're so extra." I told her. She shrugged and found mom.

I was driving Brianna's car while she managed the "gadgets". I made enough fun of her in the first half an hour of our mission to ruin the atmosphere around us. She could kill me anytime but I knew it was just a show, it better be.

We followed our mom to a house. We parked a few houses away and as soon as she entered the house, we climbed out of the car and sneakily ran towards the house in broad daylight.

We searched the windows until we found one where we could see three figures roam inside. The woman was easily identified because she was our mother. The other two were a man and a young boy.

"I'm sure that's Harrison and his son." Brianna told me.

"Okay but how do you know it's not a friendly visit? They won't do anything in front of that kid right?" I asked her with an unsettling feeling.

We stood there until our legs gave in. The boy had left but the adults remained seated on a couch often getting too close too each other.

"I can't do this anymore. Let's go home and confront her when she comes. This is ridiculous." I dragged Brianna back to the car.

"Lets grab a bite. All this spying made me hungry." Brianna said as we pulled up at the diner.

She went for a salad while I wanted to stuff my face with a cheese burger.

"This whole mom situation is so confusing." I said as we waited at a booth. "She's clearly neglecting us to romance with some not so hot dad. I thought I would puke when they nearly kissed and what that kid? The last thing I want is to babysit some teen who is going through puberty. EW."

"Okay, don't overreact. Ice we confront her, we'll tell her to draw a fine line between them and us. She has to give each of us equal time and there's no way I'm babysitting anyone. I have plans okay as so do you. Me and Eliza are pushing coach to get us on the cheerleading competition that's in a few days. Apparently our dumb principal doesn't believe in cheerleading and you have your dance thing too. We take give away precious time to some kid." she argued.