Chapter 12 | How To Drown

The weather has started to drop clearly indicating summer has come to an end and now it was time for warm winter clothes. Apparently, Eliza thinks its still summer so she's dragging me well all of us to the beach. While everyone was up for it, I wasn't. I didn't like water.

"It's not like I don't like going to the beach, like who doesn't love it? but I'm not so sure about going at this time, you know..." I was gesturing to the weather.

"Can't you use a bunch of tampons and pads and I don't know waterproof clothing?" Brianna said as she changed into her outfit for the beach. I grimaced deeply. Why would anyone do that?

"Brianna you're so gross sometimes. I'm not on my period! I just don't want to go in the water okay?" I gave her a stern look but nothing worked with her sadly.

Just in time we heard a honk in the driveway. "God, Blake change already! You can sit in the sand the entire time." She said nonchalantly. Eliza and Luke rushed into Brianna's room.

"Blake, lets go." Luke tugged on my hands but I forced myself down on the bed.

"I don't want to!" I yelled.

"Why not? We're going to have fun. You need to release all that stress from dancing all day." He pulled me up on the bed as Brianna and Eliza exited the room.

"I don't dance all day." I rolled my eyes at him.

He looked down at me, "That's why you're wearing a leotard and your ballerina slippers." He folds his arms and gives me a pointed look.

"I felt comfortable in this." I mumbled to myself. I did not dance all day. MI don't want to go okay?" I whined.

"Why not?" Luke begged as I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't want to go in the water!" I folded my arms and walked to the window.

"Then just sit in one spot and tan or whatever." He shrugged.

"Do you promise to let me?" I glared at him for an added effect which worked since he nodded his head and promised.

"Blake, your clothes are ready get changed now!" Brianna yelled from somewhere.

"I'll be there in five." I told Luke who grinned widely. "You promised, you better keep it." I warned him before pushing out of my room.

After a good fifteen minutes, I walked out of the house, locking it behind me. Bellamy's black jeep was parked in the driveway. Music blared from the speakers but my friends talked ever louder than that. I'm sure we would have had a noise complaint if we stayed even longer. I hopped into the passenger seat, which, for some reason, was empty. Everyone else was stuffed into the back of the car.

"So did you two purposely color coordinate?" asked Eliza.

"You and Bri picked everything out. Blame yourselves," I said as I rolled my eyes. I turned to look at Bellamy who was wearing a dark blue shirt and shorts. After homecoming this was the first time he ditched his leather jacket.

Bellamy cleared this throat looking at me. I realized the radio was on playing and everyone just started their own conversation. I awkwardly blinked at him and he smirked. That smirked made me realize another thing, I was staring at him. I mentally smacked myself on the head as I turned to look away.

But then a hand wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me backwards. I knew it was Brianna since her head popped to the front a second later. Her phone in her hand as she fiddled with the volume. "I'm connecting my phone first!" Brianna yelled. She paired her phone with the sound systemand played a few songs which nobody was in the mood to listen to.