Chapter 38 | Bad News

Everyone tells me I'm a heavy sleeper but one thing was clear, I couldnt sleep through a gunshot. I rose from my bed immediately but with my trembling body, I couldn't do much.

The gunshot. I heard a gunshot. I shot out of bed and opened the door of the room. I could hear someone yelling and faint cries coming from downstairs but one thing I heard crystal clear, Trace was coming.

I knew what was going on. We had been found. I closed my eyes for a brief minute to pull myself together. I always forced every bad memory out of my head but this time I let it be.

This time, I was going to fight back.

Being light on my feet always came in handy but what I really needed was a weapon. The voices became more clear as I peaked through the doorway of the lounge. I held back a gasp when I saw Leon standing there with two guns in his hands. Keith, Natasha and Bellamy stood there helplessly. 

My eyes met Bellamy's and it was hard not to notice the blood trickling down the side of his temple. Keith engaged Leon while Bellamy motioned me to leave. I wasn't going to leave them. I was going to stand my ground and fight till I could. Just a few feet away from me was one of those rods used for the fireplace.

Leon kept repeating the same thing. He wanted to know where I was. I found it stupid how he didn't bother to look around.

I quickly grabbed the rod and it made sound as I pulled it against its case. Leon turned around just in time for the rod to collide with his head. Bellamy jumped on him from behind causing him to fall. It was all so sudden. Keith joined Bellamy as they hit Leon. Natasha ran over to me and hugged me tightly but my eyes stayed glued to Leon who had fallen over. His movements were slow as he was being kicked around and punched. Bellamy paused for a minute and our eyes met. I didn't want him to stop what he was doing and he understood that because he violently kicked Leon in the ribs.

And I found it satisfying.

"Get the bags, we have to leave." Keith said as he moved away from Leon to grab the guns on the floor.

"What do we do with his body, he's not dead." Natasha said as we gathered around the door.

"Throw him in the snow and get the fuck out of hear before Trace does." I blurted out. Bellamy shrugged and started to pull Leon's body by the hair all the way outside. Leaving a trail of blood as he did so.

Keith was already in the drivers seat and I waited for Bellamy. Natasha got in the passenger and I was glad I got to sit with Bellamy.

"That was brave," Bellamy commented as we drove further from the Lake house. I smiled at him but he didn't look happy at all. "And the stupidest thing I have ever seen." He banged his fist on the back of Natasha's seat.

"Calm down. We have Trace to worry about." Keith said. I saw his tight grip on the stirring wheel and I put my hand on his shoulder.

"There doesn't have to be a we this time. Leon wanted me." I said.

All three of them glared at me and if it wasn't for the empty road then we would've hit a car for sure.

"We stay together."  Bellamy told me as he took my hand in his.

"And do what?" I asked him. He sighed and ran a hand over his face. He winced when he touched the cut on his forehead. The blood dried up but the cut still looked fresh. I carefully stroked my thumb under the cut and let it rest on his cheek bone.

"We'll figure something out." He kissed my palm and I scooted closer to him. Keith was driving extremely fast but at least he wasn't driving like he did in the races.