Chapter 41 | Helpless

Song: Hurricane

Artist: Halsey

Today was one of those days where I was ready to be as stubborn as possible to get what I wanted. Mom had left for a conference thing out of state and  Brianna was my official babysitter, who am I kidding?

She was all set to party with the rest while leaving me in the hands of Bellamy but her plan sort of failed when my boyfriend had some last minute errand to run for his mom. It was pretty weird for Julie to bother him so much about work but I wasn't complaining because she had an entire collection to prepare.

If I were any sensible girl in a wheelchair, I would probably do as told and stay at home where I could be comfortable but instead I went far out to call a boy who I did a project with once to drive me to the party everyone ditched me for.

I was desperate and this was my only chance.

I started out the window of Tucker's car as he drove to the party.

"Are you sure you should be going? My cousin fractured his leg once and he was on bed rest for two weeks before we hopped around." He said.

I shrugged and kept my gaze outside. "I'm just tired of sitting at home all the time." I said truthfully.

Me and Tucker were world's apart, he was the shy, insecure guy who rather be pushed around by others than stick up for himself. When we worked on a project together it annoyed me how easily he was bullied while the complete opposite happened with me. But I was sure to change that about him today. I smirked as an idea came into my head.

"Do you still like Penny?" I asked him. He visibly startled and I noticed the way his irked up straight. "Maybe I can help you out with that." I offered when he avoided my stare.

He let out a shaky breath and I bit back a laugh. He was cute in his own way. "I-I don't think you can do a-anything. She's not into guy like me." He mumbled the last part.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You don't need to be buff or have a heavy voice to get a girl, ya' know? I'm sure Penny can cut you some slack." I referred to the time he gave her his hoodie to cover up a stain on her jeans. She didn't really need it but she accepted it and after that she tried to make a move on him but he was too dumb to understand.

"She's a cheerleader and I'm just some freak who gets pushed around." He said as he carefully took a turn.

"Then stop being that guy. Tucker, if you stand up for yourself then I promise I'll stand by you and as for the cheerleader thing, Penny seems to be the least bothered of that title. Make a move tonight." I instructed him.

"I've known everyone since kindergarten and it's been the same since then. Nothings going to change." He said. His shoulders slumped once again making me furrow my brows.

"You're going to fucking call me tomorrow and tell me that you kissed Penny. Got that?" I said as we parked at an empty spot on the street.

He tried to ignore me but I knew I sort of got to him, now I just needed to be one last thing. When he helped me onto my wheelchair, I pulled him down and ran my fingers through his hair and was full of hair gel. I grimaced but still tried my best to make his hair look nice. I slightly tugged on it when he told me to stop. Today just wasn't the day to tell me what to do. After I was done with his hair, I pulled out his shirt from inside his jeans and made him swear to never to do that again. Once he looked okay for a party, we entered and our search for Penny started.

"I think I'll just leave, unless you want a ride home." He said as we cautiously walked through a crowd. I had to be extra careful about my arm and leg.