-Twenty Nine- * -The First Night-

Savannah’s feet patted softly on the linoleum floors of the castle, which ever you preferred to call the over sized, dark mansion. Castle was better fit for vampires, but is was far too formal for the time period. Savannah crept through the halls until she reached the large stairs.

She was leaving to go meet Ben just as planned, it was creeping more towards midnight and she was running late, afraid he might worry or be angry with her, she walked a bit faster and soon was out the door and running into the woods. There were no guards luckily, and she made it to the clearing, breathing heavily.

“Ben?” Savannah searched furiously through the several trees for the familiar wolf. A hand suddenly clasps itself over her mouth and she began to thrash around. “Shhh, it’s me! It’s me!” When Ben’s voice rang in her ears she calmed herself and regulated her breathing once again.

“You scared me!” Savannah’s eyes narrowed in annoyance. “I’m sorry, but you were calling my name, idiot” Ben grinned at her bewildered face. “In more important news, what’s the deal? What do they want?”

Savannah waited to be sure she was safe she stood closer to Ben, blushing when he held her to him. “I get it, Vampires are scary…” Ben spoke awkwardly while stroking his hands along Savannah’s back.

“You know, I told them that you guys told me the truth about myself.. Vincent froze.. But he and Payne both confirmed it.. “

“Well of course they did, it was the truth and they knew that it couldn’t be hid forever. So what happens now?” Ben’s words made Savannah sigh deeply.

“Well, Payne offered me first class treatment basically. I get my own room, I have no rules, I basically do as I wish, no master, no questions asked.. But I would have to give blood once I turn.. Weekly..”

Savannah shivered and Ben turned her inward so he could watch her expression. “You know you need to do it right?” She just nodded, looking back down.

“You will be safe, I will be here every single night for you. You can simply take a walk and I will always be here. I promised your mother that I would take care of you, that’s what I’m here for” Ben’s words made Savannah smile.

But it also made her feel vulnerable suddenly, she felt like she could trust him with anything. “I’m scared, I am very very scared. But when I am with you I feel so safe. I can’t explain it, It just feels right, like it’s supposed to be this way.”

It was silent for a while, and Savannah felt embarrassed, almost as if she just confessed her love for someone, in a way she did. 

“I feel the same way about you, I want to protect you..” Ben hugged her closer to him. Savannah smiled from the warmth that his body held. “You know, you are going to have to deal with that vampire of yours”

Without looking up she nudged her head into his chest. “I know”

“You’re safe with me, not him” Ben whispered into her ear gently, Savannah hid her face still, refusing to meet Ben’s eyes. “Don’t string me along, if you still like your vampire friend, I like you and I won’t let you toy with my feelings.”

“I never said I would do that. This is all so new to me Ben, I still need time” Savannah felt hot tears form in her eyes.

“Don’t cry, that’s they last thing I want to make you do, I understand your life has spiraled out of control and you are technically in danger, but I am here if you want me, I’m willing to be, and I will be.”

Savannah was about to speak, but Ben put a finger to her lips. “It’s time to go, We will talk again soon..”

Ben slowly walked away from her and hid in the shadows, Savannah looked around nervously before walking back to the manor.

She wasn’t sure what would await her.