-Thirty Two- * -Seventeen Days-

Savannah woke up to a few knocks on her bedroom door. The events of last night replayed in her head like a movie. Ben kissing her on her cheek, the way he got so defensive for her, and wanted to protect her. If there was one thing that Savannah was sure of, it was that Ben would protect her.

Vincent stood and watched one of the first times Kent attacked her, he was too busy with his ex-girlfriend to protect her the night of the rape, and he was still too busy to protect her when Kent confronted her about the rape. As she neared the end of her thoughts she realized that Vincent will never be there, and Ben always will.

“Oh for goodness sake, WHAT?!” Savannah snapped when the knocking didn’t reside. The door opened very cautiously at first, then when the person looked in to see her in bed they walked in completely and shut the door hastily. “Savannah, I need your help.” Denise spoke, coming over to Savannah and sitting at the edge of her bed, a worried look plastered upon her face.

“What is it?” Savannah asked hesitantly. Denise sighed heavily, tears started to form in her eyes. “Denise?” Savannah asked once more urging her to speak up. Denise covered her face and began to cry. “All the other slaves, they keep saying some mean things.. And I’m scared..” At first Savannah felt awkward it didn’t seem like that big of a problem, at least not from the way Denise was explaining.

“Listen, you need to open up more to me, because I can’t seem to understand what you mean” Her words were soft and she placed a hand on Denise’s shoulder trying to comfort her. “Well the other slaves they were making fun of me, with I hate but they were talking about how my parents never loved me, when I asked where they got there false information from, they said it was from their various vampire masters”

Denise sobbed and put her face in Savannah’s shoulder. “Shh, it’s okay. Listen don’t let them get to you they are just jealous that you have me instead of some evil, sick and twisted vampire.” Savannah tried her best to smile at Denise, but she knew that if it were her, it would’ve bothered her as well.

“It’s not only that, they also said that their masters told them that I am getting transferred, away from you.. I’m getting a vampire master, I’m so scared Savannah! I’ve heard the horror stories!” Denise began crying once more, Savannah was angry, she knew what she had gone through and this girl was only fourteen, why put her through this? No one deserves this treatment especially a child. 

Savannah gave Denise a tight hug. “Listen, I am going to talk to Payne. Believe it or not I actually think I an help and I will do my best to, so just hang in there temporarily I am going to do everything in my power to stop this, I promise.” Denise tightened her arms around Savannahs small figure. “Thank you so much! You’re like the older sister I never had”

Savannah felt herself smile once more, this young girl was so innocent and sweet and she was grateful that she could finally help someone for once, instead of always being the one that was saved. “Enjoy the rest of your day Denise, I will handle this, alright?” Denise nodded happily and skipped out of the room. Savannah showered and got dressed she was ready to face Payne. As she stepped from her room though, she was met with a annoyed looking Vincent.

Almost crashing into him Savannah sighed, “Later” She held up a hand when he was going to talk and she continued her way to Payne’s office. When she came to the familiar door, she knocked a little too eagerly when he allowed her to enter she did just that and took a stand in front of his desk. “You awarded me with Denise, so what are these rumors about her getting transferred to a vampire master?” 

Payne was able to sense Savannah’s annoyance and he looked at her fiercely. “Take a seat first, then we’ll talk” Savannah did just that and gave him an expected look. Payne sighed. “You know Savannah, the girl barely does anything around here, sure she mostly just goes to your rooms and has conversations but that’s not what this place is for, every other human here has a vampire master and has several duties and rooms a day, she is getting off far too easy”