-Thirty Three- * -Sixteen Days-

This morning Savannah was already awake. The rain seemed to get worse, it poured all night into the morning, it was almost noon and she still hadn’t left her room. A knock was heard from the door and Savannah stayed in her spot still watching the rain drops slide down the window. “Hey” a familiar voice said.

Savannah whipped her head around surprised to see Kayla. “Hey” she smiled back, gesturing for her to come and sit. “So what happened last night? Some thing must have happened because my brother has been happy all day. Kayla grinned as Savannah blushed, the previous nights events running through her head.

“We kissed, well actually we made out.” Savannah blushed and Kayla smiled wide. “Good! Does that mean you guys are official?” Savannah shook her head. “No, neither one of us defined the kiss, it just happened then he had to head back.. But it was amazing” She grinned and Kayla just rolled her eyes mockingly.

“I’m sure, anyways we only have sixteen days left to prepare you. The days are probably going to start going by faster, which means you will need to befriend Vincent for the time being. We need to know their intentions and their exact plans for the night you turn eighteen. Part of me feels like something bad is going to happen, but I don’t want to worry you” Kayla smiled sheepishly when Savannah look startled.

“I know that, don’t worry I will get all the information that I can on them” Kayla just nodded she was about to speak until there was an obnoxious knock on the door. “What?” Savannah asked oddly, not so sure of the urgency. “Savannah?” Vincent asked softly. The sight of him caught her and Kayla off guard, Kayla hurriedly fled the scene in hope of him not asking questions.

“What do you need?” Savannah asked once they were alone. He looked at her briefly, then to the door. “Payne needs to see you, he has come to a decision” Savannah looked at Vincent, concern clear on her face. “I think you will be happy with his idea” 

Not responding she quickly got to her feet and together they left the room walking down to Payne’s office. 

“After you” Vincent smiled as he held the door open for Savannah, she stepped in not thanking him and took a seat watching as Payne tapped a tall man on the shoulder. When the man turned Savannah could already tell that he was a vampire, he as pale and looked perfect, just like the rest of them.

“What is it? Your decision, I mean” Savannah met eyes with this new vampire and he held his gaze with her until Payne spoke then she turned to him. “Well Savannah, I decided that I would actually listen to something you said”

“So you’re not going to give her a different master?” She asked nervously.

“No, even better” He smirked.

“What is it then?” She asked hesitantly. The vampire that stood next to Payne grinned at her. “Savannah, this is Kelvin, he is a very special vampire you see. Kelvin here, has the ability to erase memories. In this case I’m going to allow him to erase Denise’s memory and she will be sent safely back home to her parents.”

“Her life will go back to being normal, no thanks to anyone other than you” He finished. Savannah was caught off guard, never had she thought that this would be possible. She was thankful that the little girl was finally going to go home. But she wouldn’t even remember Savannah anymore, I guess that’s the price to pay to make the girl happy.

“Can I say goodbye?” She asked softly. “Of course, she is already on her way down here” As soon as Payne finished his sentence, Denise walked through the door and gave Savannah a hug. She had already known of Payne’s plans.

“Thank you for everything, I will always know who you are” Savannah was caught off guard as Denise pulled away facing the new vampire in the room. “I’m ready” She stated happily. “Bye” Savannah whispered barely audible to the human ears.