-Thirty Six- * -Four Days-

Savannah woke around eleven at night, she realized she only had enough time to shower and get dressed up, well in her case all dolled up. She would see Ben in about an hour. Although she had to meet up with Kent first. Shuddering she stripped and stepped into her shower. Once in she let her thoughts drift on. She simply had four days left, three days once it was midnight. She would be eighteen, and immortal. Who would have thought? And all her life she was portrayed as a normal girl.

Savannah scoffed at her thoughts and rolled her eyes. As if she hadn’t been through enough already, what’s one more unnatural thing. A feeling of uneasiness came over her. When she turned immortal would it change who she was inside? Would she still feel the same? Would she still love Ben just as much? Feeling overwhelmed, Savannah rinsed her hair of conditioner and let the hot water stream down her shoulders.

What would Kent say to her tonight? Would he threaten her? Was it his plan all along? It was a good thing that Kayla was going to accompany her because other wise she could possibly be walking into a death trap. Sighing Savannah stepped out of the shower finally. The more she let her mind wander the more it made her feel uneasy and depressed.

There were suddenly two knocks on her bathroom door. Savannah froze instantly, her heart throbbing in her chest as she only had a single towel wrapped around her body. “It’s Kayla, Savannah?” The door finally opened softly and Kayla smiled gently at her. “Sorry, I figured you’d be done showering, it’s already midnight you know” Savannah went wide eyes had she really spent an entire hour in the shower.

“I’ll be right out” She responded softly, Kayla nodded and closed the door softly. Savannah took this time to get dressed and brush her hair, she let it flow freely after fixing her bangs. She slipped on her ballet flats and exited the bathroom awaiting Kayla.

“Ready? I’m sure Kent is waiting for us.” Savannah nodded and followed Kayla from her room. They walked down the familiar hallways until Savannah’s old room showed up on her left hand side, soon Kent’s room was in sight as well. “Don’t worry Savannah, I won’t leave you two alone” Savannah just nodded at Kayla’s comforting words before reaching a fist out and knocking on Kent’s bedroom door.

“Hello humans, I should have figured you would bring her along.. Can’t trust anyone can you?” Kent rolled his eyes and stepped aside for both girls to enter the room. Once inside Kayla took a seat on a nearby love seat, Savannah took the seat beside her and Kent pulled over a computer chair sitting in front of them.

“I know we got off at the wrong footing, you were made to be my slave, I am a cruel and vile vampire, now that were passed all that I would like to explain why I’ve asked you here”

Savannah looked at him oddly. “I’d love to hear it because honestly I have no idea why” Kent just smirked and Kayla watched him carefully, knowing that her brother was just in the forest she could telepathically talk to him if something were to go terribly wrong.

“Well human, I know all about you obviously. I have from the beginning. I know all about Vincent and what he did to you, I don’t feel bad because that is impossible for me. However I have some valuable information and the only reason that I am even going to tell you is because I would love to over throw both Payne and Vincent and be able to take the throne and rule this world.. If I can get rid of them with the help of your werewolf boyfriend, aka Kayla’s brother then it would make my job easier” 

Savannah and Kayla both stood frozen in their seats. No words capable of coming out. They both were stunned, thousands of questions erupting in their minds. How had he known? If he knew then who else was on to them? This could be very dangerous for the both of them.

“How did you know that?” Kayla beat Savannah at her own question. A wide smirk played on Kent’s lips. “You know, you don’t give us as much credit as you should, we are quite smart. I’m not the only one on to you, I mean I know more than Vincent and Payne but they both know that something is going on.”

Kent cracked his knuckles suddenly and stretched his neck leaning back in the computer chair and smiling at the girls. “That doesn’t make any sense, we’ve done so much to mask our scent and our plan was valid. How can they know what’s going on? If they were spying we would have sniffed them out” Kayla was beyond confused and even frightened but she masked it with her curiosity. 

“We didn’t spy, they hired their little human slaves to do it for them. Speaking of human slaves, do you remember that girl that was your maid, Savannah?” Savannah suddenly froze in place the second time Kent had that effect for the night. “What are you talking?” she asked hurriedly, suddenly fearing his response.

“They ate her, drained her of life and destroyed her family. I can’t believe you actually believe d them, they would never listen to you..” Kent scoffed, rolling his eyes and looking to the ceiling quickly before watching Savannah shake in terror. “Don’t worry human it was very slow and painful” Kent broke out in a fit of laughter.

Kayla suddenly growled. “Listen you damn leech just get to the point already! Why else are we here tonight” He glared at Kayla now, and looked back at Savannah. “what did they tell you that the plan was? That the night you turn eighteen they would take the first sample of blood and then after that night it would be little weekly?” Savannah nodded her head confused as to where he was going with this.

“yeah, so?” She finally responded. “Well I have bad news for you. On the night of your eighteenth birthday, when it is midnight, exactly on time. They will drain you completely of blood, you with not live through it” Kayla shifted uncomfortably, and Savannah cringed.

“But Vincent said he was going to marry me? That wouldn’t make sense, I thought they wanted to keep my alive..?” Savannah was starting to shake her fear getting the best of her. 

“Well that was the plan, but Payne doesn’t want to got through with it. He could care less about what his brother wants. Payne just wants your blood to become powerful and be forever that way.. I’m telling you this because that’s the last thing I want. I could care less if you die. But I’d rather help save you if it means that Payne will die instead”

Savannah nodded absently, not quite sure how to take all of this in. “As of now human, since it is after midnight.. You have only three days left to get your werewolf friends and get help. I will assist in slaying Vincent and Payne any way that I can obviously, but if I help I want to make a deal.. That I will not be hunted or killed…”

Kayla and Savannah were both quiet they looked at each other briefly before Kayla did the talking. “We will allow you to live, but if you ever harm a single hair on this  girls head you will be killed. Until then you have our word” 

Savannah was stunned. Let Kent live? Was he really that trustworthy? He did have valued information and he shared with them, his excuses and reasons made perfect sense but still, could they really just trust him?

“I want to take over this castle, and I don’t need some immortal human to do so, therefore I will keep my end of the deal”

“Thank you, Kent” Savannah softly mumbled more to herself than him. “Humph, sure” Was the subtle reply she received. 

“Let’s go Savannah, we have to meet my brother and tell him everything” Both girls got up to leave but Kent suddenly stopped them grabbing both their wrists. 

“Hey” Kayla said threateningly. “Shhh” He replied harshly. It was awkwardly silent and Kent looked as if he was doing his best to concentrate on something. Savannah looked around wildly trying to figure out what was going on.

“You won’t make it outside, I can hear their conversations, listen werewolf I’m sure if you concentrate you could hear it too”

It was silent once more and Savannah watch both Kent and Kayla s they were both wide eyed and concentrating in the silence of the bedroom. “He’s right, Savannah Vincent and a few other vampires are out patrolling, they really are on to us. I will have to speak to my brother telepathically, for tonight I will stay in your room. As of now you are unsafe”

Savannah’s eyes widened in fear. What now?