-Thirty Nine- * -One Day Left-

One Day, that’s all I had. As of midnight I had one day… 

The words haunted Ben as he tossed and turned in his sleep, finally giving up he decided to get up and take a cold shower due to the sweat that covered his body. Once in thoughts began to haunt him once more. What if I don’t make it in time? What if I do and something goes wrong? What if she has already been hurt? Ben didn’t know what to do as far as he was concerned he was ready to go to the vampires and fight now, despite the training that his fellow companions still needed.

Kayla had been fighting furiously, training furiously she was ready to go as well. Even Karin had perfected the Wolfs Bane immunity and had the needles ready so that the vampires had nothing to used against Ben and the others. They were more than ready. But his mother didn’t want to go early, it was too risky with the new vampire guards around the forest, they wanted to ambush the vampires not run right into them.

“Are we sure that vampire is on the same side?” Ben felt himself ask as he entered the Den where his mother, and Kayla sat talking about their plans. Kayla turned to him. “I’m pretty sure, Ben” Annoyed, Ben rolled his eyes and looked at her seriously. “Pretty sure is not good enough” He slammed his fist against the wall just then, and his mother began to scold him. “Benjamin, loosing your temper isn’t going to save her” Ben knew she was right, but he didn’t want to admit it out loud. “He knows you’re right, he is just stressing out. Look Ben we are all worried, just hang in there. Everything will work out”

“I hope so.” Were Ben’s cold words before he stormed off.

Kayla watched her brother leave the room, shocked scared, and sad. She felt horrible for him. He had to wait in silence to save the one he loved. If it were Kayla in the situation she couldn’t say weather she could be as strong as him or not. “If I were him, I’d probably be loosing my mind to, we need to get on the ball here mother, we can’t waist any more time” Karin just nodded as she knew her daughter was right. 

Karin handed Kayla two needles, “What’s this?” Kayla asked curiously. “It’s for you and your brother, it’s your wolfs bane injections, take them and sleep it off” Kayla nodded silently before leaving the room with both needles in her hands and beginning to look for her brother.

Savannah woke up and softly flexed her hands, still in pain she looked at both wrists and the ugly blue bandages that surrounded them. Savannah rolled over on her side gently, letting a few stray tears escape her tired, and frightened eyes. Just a few months ago Savannah’s life was pretty normal. She may have lost her mother but she was doing fine.

She was working hard to keep the roof over her head, and to stay alive. She took good care of herself despite being alone. Now she lives in fear in only one day a bunch of vampires plan to suck her dry and let her die, a slow and painful death. Part of her was scared and hoping that Ben would save her. The other half just wanted to get everything over with the anticipation of waiting another day to find out weather she lives to dies was just frustrating for her.

“What’s wrong human?” A voice asked huskily. Savannah looked around until her eyes met Kent’s. she decided against saying anything in response, she just allowed him to speak for her. “I understand, it must be hard but I’m sure your werewolf boyfriend and his sister have a plan. We will get you out of this, don’t worry” Savannah wanted to feel assured but her fear kept creeping upon her.

“Why did you hate me so much?” Savannah felt the words slip out before she could stop them. Kent looked caught off guard but smirked anyways. “Well since we have time, and I do finally feel bad for you, I will explain my story” Savannah just watched as he took a seat in a chair that rested aside the bed. He propped his elbow up on the arm rest and rested his head against it tiredly.