-Thirty One- * -Eighteen Days-

Denise was slightly curious about her new friend, as she walked to Savannah’s room she had thought of a ton of questions that she planned to ask her. Every human in this castle was a vampire slave, so why was she picked to be a human slave, more like maid but still. What made her different why had she received this job instead of someone else?

“Hello there” Savannah greeted Denise politely, and opened her bedroom door allowing the young girl to enter. “So I don’t really have much for laundry and I already made my bed but I thought that maybe we could talk, I was once in your shoes, only I was a vampire slave… and no, I don’t consider you my slave”

“Talk?” Was the mere reply she got out of Denise. Sighing Savannah took a seat by her large wall sized window, she patted a spot close to her, and Denise walked over cautiously sitting beside her. “Don’t be so afraid of me, I have no intention of harming you..” Savannah was a little offended that this girl thought she was as bad as the vampires.

“Sorry, it’s a habit. I don’t know anyone here, I had a good life at home you know.. I don’t know why they took me” Denise grew sad suddenly and Savannah felt for the extremely young girl. “Well what did they take you from, go on. Tell me about yourself” 

A polite smile made the girl feel more open and she decided it wouldn’t hurt to tell Savannah her story. “Well my mom and dad were always by my side, I have a younger brother he is only six.. I had great best friends and I even did great in school. There really wasn’t anything wrong with my life. My mom would take me to work with her on Saturdays, You see she was a veterinarian and I loved animals so she would allow me to go and she would teach me a few things.”

Savannah felt a pain of jealousy over this young girl, she had more than Savannah had. This girl had an entire family, friends, and a great life. There was no sadness were she came from, but as quickly as the jealousy came it also left as she thought about how this girl was happy and didn’t deserve to be taken away from her happy life.

“When did they take you, I’ve never seen you around here before” Savannah found herself asking curiously.

“Well it was only a week ago, me and my friends got into a senior party, and we were all so excited, at my school you were the luckiest girl or guy if you were a freshmen and got into a senior party. Anyways most of my friends got drunk and stayed, I on the other hand didn’t have so much fun. I didn’t like the alcohol so I didn’t drink it and I felt like an outcast so I decided to walk home.”

“You were kidnapped?” Savannah assumed. Denise nodded sadly. “I miss my family so much, when I got into the castle I met a few different vampires, finally the master, Payne. And he explained to me what this place, world was all about and the creatures that inhabited it. You know, I never believed in vampires..”

The girl laughed to herself, and Savannah lightly chuckled too. “Me either” She grinned at Denise who continued to open up to her.

“Anyways, Payne said I would have an easier time than most since it was the first time that someone like me would have it easy. A first I didn’t understand, until I met you and learned you were a human.”

“Ah I see” Savannah responded. “Loom it is so hard adjusting to this place, sometimes it is the worse feeling in the world, but sometimes it was easier to deal with. You are very fortunate that you got me instead of some sick, abusive vampire. My master was Kent, he was horrible, I won’t go into detail.. But he was so bad that I was able to transfer to a different master..”

“Vincent” Denise interrupted. Savannah was caught off guard. “Yeah, how did you know?”

Denise smiled softly. “A few of the other human girls talked about it at dinner last night when I told them who I worked for. They said you were the one that was beaten and raped, and Payne let you move to Vincent.. Who they say has a thing for you..” Denise was blushing when she spilled out all of this information. She looked at Savannah who looked slightly horrified.