Chapter 4

To say that I was enraged was understatement. All was finalized and had been in a critical perusal every details have been checked before they presented it to the client and has both signed up the contract and now after a year of building the establishment where we almost finish he will make a demand like this. I've never been enraged like this in my whole life. My foot pressed the accelerator of the car making the tire screech from its speed when suddenly she saw a black Ford Escape car approaching her way turning her eyes wide with panic as she pressed the break harder almost throwing her body forward thanks to her seatbelt. The screeching of the tires and a loud beep broke followed as their bumper collides that made her body shook.

Her body was shaking from the impact leaving her in a state of shock unable to even blink and utter any words. She just stared ahead and didn't noticed that a man immerge from the car and made his way to hers.

She flinched when she heard a loud knock at her tinted windshield as if it was going to broke by the enraged driver.

In a shaking hands she grip the car door handle and open it slowly. She immerge slowly as she muster all strength she has to cover her fear.

"What the hell was a reckless driver doing an driving in highway???? Are you fucking going to make yourself die and decided to --" the man suddenly paused slashing her when he realised that the driver he was yelling at is a woman. "Oh, so a woman! He said with a hint of mocking and deadly tone. "You almost caused someone's life by your recklessness woman!" he says shaking from rage.

Yannie trembled by the booming voice of the man who towered her with a big built of body even she can't fully see him as she still looking in her toes unable to muster any words.

"So I think I will just call the cops and have you arrested for reckless driving and not to mentioned crossing the intersection with the traffic green light still on." he said as he fished out his phone from his pocket.

Abruptly she turned her head to him and hold his arm preventing him to get his phone.

"N-no, no, p-please!" She looked at him with pleading eyes. "Let's solve this ourselves. Please." The man turned to her with his eyes full of fire and anger and suddenly froze when their gaze met.

Dark blue ones eyes collided with intense gray eyes. Holding their gazes longer than necessary.

Yannie was taken aback by the intense gray eyes staring directly into her eyes holding a fire and she feels like drowning from it the longer she stared at him. His eyes framing a dark long lashes making his eyes both dangerous, mysterious and bold.

"Please..." she whispered.