Chapter 16

The party went on and every guest was visibly enjoying.

Mr. Adamson went to stage in the middle of the party and thanked all the guest and give some speech and advice to the soon to be married couple.

"And now ladies and gentlemen let's hear the speech of my only son here on stage before this party ended." Mr. Adamson announced as he raise the glass of champagne in the air.

Erick stood as the applause filled the venue.

"Hrrrrm." Erick cleared his throat nervous but smiling.

"As what my dad said earlier. I and my fiancee, Yannie, are very grateful for all of you coming here tonight. We are very delighted to see all of your happy faces here, though, of course who wouldn't be?" He laugh as all the guest laugh as well.

"Let me share you a very short story on how I've met this beautiful creature who captured my heart in an instant."

"Once upon a time, I was labelled as one of the notorious playboy and not the serious type of man when it comes to women. Though, that heresays about me being playboy was not true as I avoid as much as possible the commitment. Yeah, I went out a few times with these ladies but that just it. I was appointed as the vice president of E.A. Architecture Inc. and little did I know that I was only in the same roof with this beautiful angel who will change my view in life and who will change my life into meaningful. Believe me, if you happen to ask me about LOVE before I met her I would've laugh at you. But since I've met her everything changes.

"So as to continue my story, we had this general meeting which she came last from all the employees that was all present for that meeting. She burst the door in a bit hurry but still plastered a big smile on her face. In that very door as she walk in I feel like I was hit by a thunderstruck. I was mesmerized by her beauty, yes. But the most part that captured me more was her confidence and intelligence. That presentation she made was awesome and all her ideas, the way she carried herself was just wow. She's young yet she's knowledgeable. She's brave yet she's sweet. She's regal yet innocent. She's beauty and brain. She's perfect in my eyes. From that day, I know, she's mine. And she's meant to be mine only."

"Ms. Yannie David, will you please join me in here?" Erick gestured Yannie to joined him.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the love of my life, Ms. Yannie David!" Erick announced proudly as the applause once again filled the ballroom.

They were both received congratulations and best wishes as they smile from ear to ear unaware of two intense eyes starting at them with pain.