Chapter 11

Yannie put all the grocery in the pantry and started baking. She loves cakes and pastries and so she loves cooking them. Erick's not really fun of sweets but he somehow manage to like her baking so he always have one slice every time he visits her. And now, she's baking something new that Erick will surely like. she always had new ideas and recipes of her own when she's excited. And yes. She's excited to finally see Erick again.

She smiled as she remember the first time they meet each other 2 years ago. Erick was the vice president and the heir of the firm she was working and that day while she was preparing her presentation for the meeting with the bosses she didn't know that her life would change in that moment she made her way inside the conference.

"Yannie, is everything we needed ready for the meeting?"Jason peered his head thru her office door to ask me. "We gotta go as the meeting will Start at 5 minutes. We still have to set up --"

"Yes, yes. I'm ready." I cut him off as I made my way outside my office.Jason has been my partner since we both got hired. He being the engineer while me as the architect so our friendship got more deeper each days we were together. I checked my watch and hurriedly open the conference room as I only have 3 minutes before the meeting starts. My high heel creating a sound in the marble as I scanned the room where the bossess, directors as well as her senior co-workers were all seated.

"Good morning everyone!" I smiled at them as I take a deep breath to calm my nerves and strode towards the far end where I will be discussing my presentation. Everyone nodded at me while my colleagues greeted me in response. This was not my first time to present to them as I have already presented even at my first month being in the company.

Once the PowerPoint is up I began explaining them the content of it as I give first them my smile. I always smile as for me it will help lighten the mood of the surroundings. Though it may seem look unprofessional but once she begins tackling the content then you will see how great and smart she is.

She may look young but she's knowledgeable and loves to learn things, she was anyway graduated as a suma cum laude so it's not a question mark. Oblivious to the gazes of her male colleagues she continued to discuss unaware of the awed stares from males inside the room. She looked magnificent standing there before them wearing a burgundy high-waisted pencil skirt accentuating her tiny waist paired with a yellow baby silk long sleeves and a 4 inches black plumps. Her dark blonde hair was neatly pulled into a pony tail giving her the look of a classy and yet alluring looking siren.

She spun around and asked as she once again scanned her eyes one by one. "So this was my ideas for our next buildings and establishment to build in a near future. It's unique and as what Mr. Jason Wilson's research no one's yet build this kind of layout I've made not as this moment. So we will be the first one to have this kind of design so I'm sure this one will stand and give our company more on top." I finished my sentence as silence filled the room.

"The layout was good. But, have you considered the cost we will be investing here while you're planning this?" Suddenly one person in the far end of the table spoke. I spun my head to the direction of that voice and there he is leaning backward in his chair lazily looking directly into the deep of her eyes.

She didn't noticed him when she entered the room but upon seeing him her heart flip instantly by the intense gaze he's giving her. Though he's face was blank showing no emotion as he scan her entire face.

Mr. Erick Adamson. She said to herself. The company's vice president. She never meet him in person but she knows him as he is pretty well know as the most soothed bachelor and have his name in the field of business.

"Works and output should come with quality, Sir. That's what our firm are known for globally. We built uniquely to be recognized and stand in the vast market. Though, you are right. In every decision there should be a well planned and thorough studies and that's why Mr. Jason Wilson are here to discuss it to us." I said as I nodded to Jason.

"Anything else to ask, Sir Adamson?" I asked and look at him again.

"Nothing for this moment. I'll with for Mr. Wilson presentation before I give my comment on this." He replied as he smirked at me.

I nodded and turn to others. "Any questions, gentlemen?" I asked again.

"Your ideas are brilliant as usual, Ms. David." Mr. Adamson, our CEO and Erick's father acknowledged. "There's no question as of this moment. You may proceed now, Mr. Wilson."

"Thank you, Sir."

Jason took over as I seated and for some reason all throughout Jason's presentation I could feel Erick's gazed on me.  Unable to resist myself I steal a quick side glance at him only to locked up my eyes with him. I gasped when he winked at me and I blushed furiously quickly averting my eyes.

A/N:

Hi guys, I had a problem uploading chapter 11 & 12. I don't know why. If ever you encountered some error while reading please let me know.

Thank you all!