Chapter 22

"How are you, Erick?" Yannie whispered as she sat crossed legs in the grass where Erick was burried.

"I missed you..I still can't accept that you're no longer here with me. But I also know that you won't be happy seeing me like this, so I decided to be back and continue my life the way I live before and the way you wanted me..I'll be going back to work but this time I think I want to try something new.. far from what I've been before..just for a change. Know that you will always have a big part of my heart and you will never be forgotten. I love you, Erick. What we had will be treasured forever. Thank you for everything." She sniffs as she wipe her tears that continues to pour. Until she sobs harder thinking that even if she lured herself forever at her own world, Erick will never be back in her life so she had to accept and move on. When her sobs finally subdued she get up and touch Erick's name one last time and quietly walk away.

As she made her way to her house she contemplated her next moves before she face again the reality of life. She needed a break first. She needed to go somewhere to refresh herself. So she decides to have her things packed up and bought a ticket to Scotland.

This will be the first time she will be traveling alone with miles farther than her home but she needed a break in order to start her new life and maybe she can contemplate what she wants to begin when she's there, in a place where she's a stranger and a place where everything is new to her.

She laid her things in the living room as her parents stared at her with shock and confusion.

"Dad, Mom. I know that my sudden decision took you by great surprise. But I needed this break to be able to start fresh..please do understand me. I'll be away for I don't know how long..maybe until I finally able to accept everything and just embrace the fact that all this happens for a reason and everything.

Her parents look at each other before they finally spoke after few minutes of silence. "If this is what you need and what you desire then we'll be support you all the way.. just please princess take care and know that any time we will always be here." Her mom said teary eyed as she closed the distance and tightly embrace her.

"Dad.."

Her dad took a deep breath before he stared at her. He gestured his hand to her for a hug and she run to him clutching him tight as she hug him. "Thank you dad."

"I wish you happiness, princess. Take  care of yourself." My dad said as he pat her back and kissed her temple.

***

Despite her refusal her parents insisted on dropping her at the airport. They parted ways with heavy emotion. She didn't want to live them but she had to. For she knows that when she get back she'll be a better than she is now. It's time to leave every pain behind.

"Did Nathan knows you're leaving, Yannie?" My mother asked me.

My hearts knots by the mention of his name. She didn't have a chance to say sorry to him for blaming him of Erick's date. It wasn't his fault she knows it but she's hurting and so she blames him in order to lessen her suffering but she knows that she'd done was wrong. Now, is not the right time for her to talk everything that happened with out her breaking down so she will leave everything behind atleast for the time being until she's ready enough.

"No, he doesn't know." I replied with a clipped tone. "I'll talk to him when I get back." I just said and waive my good bye to them.