Chapter 19

"Good morning, Auntie Danna!" Nathan greeted her as he made his way to the kitchen. It's been 1 month since he started visiting the David's family. he's been a constant guest who always shows up anytime a day whenever he have a time.

The David's insisted him to call them auntie and uncle as he always addressed them as Sir and Ma'am, and  he's been ecstatic since they welcome him with open arms as if they'd known him his whole life.

"Is the only person you see here is my wife?" The voice of Yannie's father made him turn his head at the far corner of the dining table.

"Oh, my apology, Auncle! Good morning to you too." He chuckled.

"How's Yannie?" he inquired as he put the food he bought to the table and started preparing it for Yannie.

"Still in her room." Aunt Danna said a gloomy expression in her face, she's always like that whenever he asked for Yannie who's until refused to leave her room.

"I'll head up there." He said as he gathered the food to bring to Yannie's room. He always bring her favorite food whenever he can despite knowing that she barely touch any food given to her.

He knocks softly before he made his entrance. He frown when he sees that her bed is neatly fold which is usually undone every time he brings her food. He turned to the balcony expecting her to be there as her usual haven early in the morning staring ahead with nowhere in particular but this time it was also empty. He deeply frown and panic, he quickly put down the food and quickly turn when the bathroom door suddenly open revealing Yannie with only towel wrapping around her body showing her long legs and her breast barely covered.

She look at him shock mirroring his reaction. They stood their for a few seconds staring at each other widely. It was Nathan who first pulled out from his trance.

"I-uh-uh..ahhm." he cleared his throat as he made his eye contact to the ceiling "..I...brought you food." he said as he quickly made his way out of her room. Once outside and was sure that the door was firmly closed, only he was able to finally released his breath that he's been holding as he lean in the door and closed his eyes, images of her naked body dance in his mind.

"Shit! This isn't good!" he muttered. "I can't have this images in my mind playing all over again." he shake his head and headed down stairs.

******

"Charlotte, I want all the reports done today at my office at exactly 30 minutes!" Nathan's angry voice startled his secretary when he suddenly passed by with a scowl in his face.

He went directly to his office striding at the glass window with an overlooking view into the vast city. Hands in pocket while in deep thought. Months had passed he's finally healed from his injury. And those months he never faltered to visit Yannie and during those days he can't help his over growing feelings over her even though he knows that she will never throw a glance at him. He still remember the last breath that his best friend muttered to him before they both lost their consciousness.

"Nathan, bro.." Erick reach out to him while coughing.

"I-I..don't know if w-we will.. ever have the c-chance to survive here.. b-but if ever you had the chance, please take care my Yannie. Love her the way I love her or love her more than I have love her...."

"Erick.. s-stop it! We're g-going to m-make this through. W-we need to get out h-here..:

"No, N-nathan! Promise me.. you will love her and take care of her!" Erick barely whispered at him while his eyes was rolling back pushing him into oblivion.

"I know you love her.. I can see it in your eyes everytime she's around. You might not notice the look you've been giving her but I do..you love her just how I love her.. take care of her for me.. please. make her happy and fall in love with you, Nathan!" Erick pleaded.

"Erick, don't sa--"

"Promise me!" Erick tried in all his might to shout at him with a determined eyes.

"Yes, I-I promise!" and just like that, as if Erick's just waiting for his pledge he went limp and so as he.

***

"Sir Nathan!" Nathan blink when he heard his secretary voice breaking his thoughts.

"Sir, Here's the reports you asked." Charlotte said with hesitation in her voice afraid his boss will bark again.

"Thank you. You may leave now. And please I don't want to be disturb. cancel all my appointments today."

"Will do, sir."