Chapter 18

"Yannie, you need to eat please." Yannie's mom pleaded.

It's been one month since Erick were buried and Yannie lock up herself in her room refusing to go out and even resigned from her job.

No one was able to keep her out and all her family members are all worried.

Nathan was still confined at the hospital at the time of burial but he insisted to go with a wheelchair on as he wants to see his bestfriend for the last time. He was miraculously alive with just some fractured after their car was crushed hard. He was devastated when he woke up after 5 days of being confined and unconscious and was notified that his bestfriend didn't make it living him shaking and in total shock unable to accept that his best friend was gone.

He wanted to reach out for Yannie that day and give her comfort, but he don't have the courage to as he felt guilty of what happened. He just chose to stare at her at the back as she sat silently at the front staring at Erick's casket without shading any tears which makes her family more worried to her. She doesn't want to talk to anybody, doesn't want to eat either.

As the burial were done and everyone was making their way home, Yannie stays, which her family firmly opposed as they don't want their daughter to be left alone.

Finally, he decided to approach and talk to Yannies parents.

"Sir, Ma'am. I am Erick's bestfriend, and a friend of Yannie's. I'll be staying here too for a moment, you may leave Yannie here, I'll make sure to bring her home. I'm Nathan by the way, We've met already at the engage.. "

"Oh yes! Nathan, I remember you." Mr. David cut him off.

"Nathan, please take care of my daughter, bring her home once you're both done here." Mrs. David but in.

"I will, ma'am. You may now head home."

"Thank you! I am worried about her, she's not herself since that day.." - Mrs. David throw a look at her daughter as Mr. David pat him in his shoulder as they bid good bye.

As Yannie's parents drove off home Nathans turns his attention to the woman who is now kneeling in front of Erick tomb. He stared at her for a while her back hunches, few strands of hair hang losely at her cheeks swaying as the wind blows softly. The leaves swiftly lingered in her blue jeans as she knelt. Even as she mourn she still looks so beautiful with her face bare of any cosmetics. Nathan shake his head to brush off such thinking just in front of his bestfriend.

"Yannie..." he called her softly as he felt her stiffen. Few seconds have passed before she stood and brush off the leaves from her jeans. She faced him with unreadable expression as she stared at him and made her step forward stopping in front of him.

He release a heavy sigh as she stand before him in his wheel chair staring at him directly.

"Yannie, I'm sorry, I did everything I can to prevent of what happend. I know it's not easy for you, believe me I feel the same -- "

"Did you? really?" Yannie's voice interrupted him.

"Yannie..." he trailed off unable to utter any word as her words sunk in him. Did she blame him for Erick's death?

Yannie made her way to leave when he's fast enough to grab her wrist. Yannie stop from her tracks but didn't turn around.

"Yannie, If I could get back the time I would do everything I can to switch position of what happened.."

"Unfortunately, you didn't." Yannie harshly brush his hand but he didn't let her.

"I promised your parents to drive you home."

"No need. I know my way home." she said void of emotion.

"You're not going anywhere. Not until I know you're safe."

"And, how will you going to do that?" she finally turned to him still trying to tug off her hand.

"Well, Yannie. I assure you even if I'm not able to walk myself I still very much assure you that I can have my way to take you home." he says as he turned his wheel chair to move still holding Yannie's hand firmly.

"Erick won't like this if his here!" Yannie protested angrily.

"Yes, Yannie! You're right! He'll be angry if his here! But he's not here anymore! You better put it on your mind who's still in denial!" Nathan raised his voiced to her trying to make her cry out her sorrows as it will not make good to her bottling up her sorrows.

He expected for her to outburst but what he only receive is silence. From then on, until he drop her off at their home, she never talks.